Would you flirt with a feminist?

Recently a man (in the UK I believe) was publicly called out by a woman he flirted with online on a professional website. A few people called her a 'feminazi" while feminists argued that she was right to do so. I saw a few people say that he had only himself to blame as the woman was a feminist writer who had written many books on the subject and so was obviously going to be quick to take offense at anything he'd say.

So, would you flirt with a feminist writer?

If you're attracted to women, think of a female feminist and if you're attracted to men, just ask yourself if you'd flirt with an openly feminist male?

• Yes of course. In fact I'd be more likely to flirt with a feminist.
  • Yes, why not?
  • Yes but I'd be more cautious than if it was a non feminist.
  • No I wouldn't as she'd be impossible to speak to.
  • No I wouldn't because feminists are brain eating Martians that drink the tears of children. Or something.
  • None above.

Most Helpful Girl

• Professional websites are for PROFESSIONAL behavior. Not flirting.

There's lots of places where people are open to flirting: Social media, forums, clubs, casual social situations, etc... So, if I actually managed to find a male feminist, I wouldn't mind flirting with him in appropriate settings as long as we were both comfortable.

Most Helpful Guy

• I could chat with them but I'd avoid flirting, I wouldn't want to be accused of sexual harassment. Having a conversation with a feminist is like stepping on eggshells. Its best to just keep the conversation neutral.

What Girls Said 4

• He didn't respect the forum. Professional websites are for conducting oneself professionally. That's why she got angry. He decided to address her sexuality instead of respecting her as a fellow professional.

• Was he flirting on the website or called out on the website or both? And what kind of flirting?

• Why is it wrong to flirt with feminists? Is the definition of feminism not: Equal rights for both men and women? These women are crazy and need to be kicked in the ovaries (only the hitler women feminists).

• Some feminists do take it too far though and are off putting.

• @Asker that's like saying you won't flirt with Muslims because they "take it too far and are off putting." Just because there are some extremists doesn't make the whole lot bad.

• @Alayio We know the whole lot isn't bad. In fact we know the most of them are basically good. It's the ideology that's bad and breeds resentment of men, and we recognize this and stay the hell away.

It's academically fraudulent.

• I can't say I would.

What Guys Said 12

• No. After all I've heard from feminists, I better stay away from them. I don't wanna get called a misogynist for saying she's pretty.

• No I wouldn't because feminists are brain eating Martians that drink the tears of children. Or something. i1127.photobucket.com/.../...confused_cat_gifs.gif

• Hell no! Imagine it. You're talking tobher at a bar or something when someone bumps in to yeah causing your arm to slightly and briefly nudge against her arm then BAM you're taking to court for attempted rape

• Well he was pretty dumb to flirt on a professional website to begin with, but who would want to date her after they knew she was that crazy.

And if I have a choice to date with a feminist or a girl who isn't a feminist I will choose the girl who isn't a feminist every time. Its fine wanting equal rights for everyone, but thats called being an egalitarian. Men and women already have equal rights, so when you say you are a feminist it most likely means that you want special treatment.

• Surprised this hasn't been posted yet. 😋

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kggLAsmrTjU

• Tch... yeah right. I'd feel more safe flirting with someone's girlfriend at a bar.

• No, because I'm afraid of getting pepper sprayed or kicked in the balls. Feminists are crazy. Also they're not martians, they're from Uranus.

• While I hate feminists and feminism, in her defense, he didn't honor the website

It's a professional website, not Tinder

• Yes, unless she had "feminist" tattooed on her forehead.

• I never flirt because I'm too shy, but I support feminism.

• If I know a woman is a feminist I will not interact with her at all if I can help it, certainly not by choice.

• ye n if she put me on blast then i'd rape n murder her :)