Do you feel pain during surgery?

Under local anesthesia, do u feel pain? Coz ik that u dont under general. I been getting thoughts about it and pain.. not getting ine anytime soon but there just thoughts that take all ur time.

Most Helpful Girl

• i believe anaesthesia is designed to numb the area so that pain is not felt.
    i've had my face operated on without being knocked out, so yeah i was still awake but had local anaesthesia. i didn't feel any pain, but i could just feel pressure when the surgeon was working. kinda just like someone touching my face, that's all. =]

• Whatcdid he docto ur face?

• yeah, but for me it was worth it. i feel like u might be freaking about something u might do in the future lol. imma just say that all u need to do is relax and trust in the professional dealing with u. =]

• Yea... lol

Most Helpful Guy

• I got stitches under local anesthesia once, and I just felt a mild tugging feeling. It was slightly unpleasent, but not too bad.

I once had to get a bone in my arm realigned under general anesthesia, and I didn't feel any pain. They tried it before under local anesthesia, but it very much did not work, so they had to stop, as to stop my cussing them out.

• So when they tried under local.. u didn't feel pain

• No, when they tried to fix my arm under local anesthesia, I did feel pain, but they stopped as soon as I complained and put me under general anesthesia.

When they put stitches in my hand, the local anesthesia worked just fine.

• Oh okk

What Girls Said 4

• My dad had this mole that apparently was cancerous. He was wake the whole time they operated on him cutting away anything that was cancerous. My dad makes jokes about how they were going to take his whole shoulder out. :D He didn't feel any pain at all while they did that.

• If you get something major and invasive then you go under and most people don't feel anything. However some anesthesiologist mess up and don't get the right dosage and some unlucky patients have been awake. Enough to immobilize them but not enough to put them fully to sleep. However that doesn't happen often that anyone knows. Now for something like stitching an outside cut you just get a shot to numb the pain that hurts worse than getting the stitches.

• Ye but im talkin about local... as if u are awake and u get local.. will the surg hurt

• I had a surgery in my armpit when I was 10, I didn't feel shit to be honest

• I had it in my gums once cuz the doctor needed to take out some wires that were inserted there, and when he was taking them out it did hurt a bit, but it was not terrible.

• Wires? Did he build an internet connection in there?

• hahahah yup, wires :P I broke my jaw so he needed to close my mouth, thats the treatment you get when that happens hehe is horrible xD

What Guys Said 3

• I had two surgeries. One with anaesthesia and one without it.
    With anaesthesia I didn't feel pain during most part of surgery but in the end of surgery I started feeling pain. It depends on dosage you're given.

• Without anesthesia? Do u mean local?

• Yeah. I still curse that person -_-

• Man thatcwas a m'fkin surgeon

• No that's what anesthesia is for.

• Apparently ginger people need a higher dose. Thats why the time I tried using chloroform to abduct that sexy redhead didn't knock her out fully and she was able to get iut of my van and run away.