How do you want to die?

What would be the 'most peaceful' death in your opinion?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 23

• When I'm old and have had my life experiences, and I have maybe outlived my spouse, I want to die like in the movie Gran Torino. I don't want to end up like the bitter and rascist main character for obvious reasons, but I wouldn't mind dying like him!
    It is kind of sad but epic. Plus he put a bunch of rapist thugs terrorizing the neighborhood away in jail which was pretty cool.
    http://youtu.be/waNhD1Z23M8

• If I knew I had to die and could choose how I die, it would be like my grandmother.

She was 95 and was diagnosed with liver cancer. The likely hood she would survive chemo was extremely low. She knew that she had lived a long life, but the end was near no matter what. So she decided it was time and that she wouldn't do chemo and let the cancer take her. Hang on I know that sound horrible, but let me finish.

Then about 4 months later, before she any of the horrible parts of dying of cancer started, she went to bed, had a heart attack in her sleep and never woke up. She died peaceful in her sleep.

Since she died this way, she knew her death was coming soon. She had her estate worked out, planned her funeral, visited with all of her living family. These are the benefits of knowing that you are going to die.

However, she died, at and old age unexpectedly and peacefully in her sleep, BEFORE the horrible parts of dying of cancer happened. The problem when someone dies unexpectedly in their sleep is most the time it is unplanned for and early in life. Therefore, their estate isn’t ready, someone hasn’t seen them in years and won’t be able to, and other things are left unplanned for. These types of things are the problems with unexpected deaths.

So, in my grandmothers case, she had a long life and avoided the sad parts of an unplanned for death, while avoiding the crappy stuff usually associated with a death you know is coming. In effect she got the best part of both types worlds, so that is why I want to go that way.

• Painless. If it can't be painless, then probably something honorable or admirable like saving someone's life.

• I wanna go out with a bang like in the gunfight in Django.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3ROhjAuDBk

Skip to 1:23 for epic music time!

• By saving someone's life.

Don't care how. Being shot to death. Being beheaded. Suffocating. Whatever.

I won't care in a few minutes anyway. And if I have to go out, I want to leave my mark on the world through the lives that will matter.

• well i want to die in some exciting way, but for a "most peaceful" way, to me that is dying at the age of 83, in my sleep, in my own house and with my mind still with me.

• Surrounded by friends
    In a house fire
    That I started.

• I just wanna fall asleep and not wake up again...

Thinking a lot about death today? lol

• Saving a life or in my sleep

• I want to have a romantic relationship with the SO I meet one day, make a lovely family together, and know they will be safe and happy after I die. Putting my dream job aside, that is all I absolutely need for my ideal life. Right now, all I can do is deeply beg to Him so very strongly that I find her very soon...

• In battle!

• When I'm like 80. Hopefully there's assisted suicide by then and when you feel like you've done everything and are in pain can just go over and go peacefully.

• I want to die in an epic fashion. Like the ending of this clip..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRwGjPSSWKM

• Like Master Oogway in Kung Fu Panda!
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYAQtEs2Img

• In my sleep.

• I've always liked trains. Falling off a skyscraper maybe.

• For God, of course. Any way.

• In my sleep of old age, like Charlie Chaplin?

• screaming during a zombie apocalypse

• Old age would be fine.

• the way God wants.

• Surprise me.

• I can't answer, only you

• No, I mean, I would not like to see it coming. A complete surprise, or not I suppose, since I wouldn't know it happened.

• Sorry, my English sucks. Not a native speaker.

• Those are two different questions.

I want to die in a battle for freedom. That would be a great honor.

What Girls Said 10

• I want to go out with a bang with no regrets never give up not even when you take your final breath:)

• I would like to fall from some where really high and die instantly as I hit. It would be fun until I landed lol

• I just want to die with my family... 4 of us.
    i don't want anyone to survive to feel the pain.

• In my sleep. I bet that is the most peaceful way.

• I don't want to die peacefully in my sleep as an old person with cancer or something. I want to go out with a bang doing something as a crazy old woman. As for most peaceful death, probably unknowing in your sleep or something quick like being shot in the head or hit by a train.

• I'd be happy dying at like 98 in my sleep.

• In my sleep, the best way...

• I don't want to die. The idea of living forever sounds nice.

• when im old had my time and just fall asleep and dont wake up :p lol that seems fair 2 me

• I would like to die of old age in my sleep.