Age when moving/moved out?

How old were you when you moved you?
how old is too old to be living with parents? (Not including if they lived at home to take care of parents because thats reasonable)

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I was 22 years old when I moved out.
    Everyone's situation is different so I can't really put a time limit on when one should be moved out of their parent's home because you never know what circumstances have lead to that. Generally speaking, I would say hat late 20's early 30's is too old to be living with your parents. If you are fortunate enough to have loving, generous, selfless parents who will eagerly let you live under their roof while you establish yourself and get your life together then that's awesome! You should take advantage of that but also have an exit plan in mind and strategize for a future of self-sufficiency and independence. Otherwise it will cause issues later on.

What Guys Said 1

• at 18 u should be off to college.

simple.

What Girls Said 4

• I had actually just turned seventeen when I left home to live with my then boyfriend (now my husband) in my beloved late Grandfathers country cottage.. We are still here to this day, and to be totally honest cannot ever visualise ever wanting to leave.

• I moved out when I was 18 had to move back briefly after a year while my house was being built and never looked back. I hated living at home :)

• I'm hoping to be out within 6 months after college. But I'm only there during summer and Christmas breaks.

• im still living home

• Do people ask you why or joke you about living at home still? I dont plan to leave home till im 23/24...

• its pretty common for 20 something year olds to live home still where im from. My cousin is the only one who makes anything of it because she moved out ages ago and is younger. But hey, low rent. Anyone that makes a deal out of living at home still just have some issues of their own :)