Do you think "looking young for your age" comes from genetics or taking care of yourself?

I think from 10-28 it's mostly genetic, from 28-42 it's both and from 42+ if you look young it's because you took care of yourself.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's really both.. People look young in my family so I'm pretty happy that I'll probably still look amazing in my 40s or whatever.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think its how you take care of yourself not only in counting calories and working out but also in getting adequate sleep and avoiding stressful situations. I know good looking people who became ugly later on cause they were constantly depriving themselves of sleep so that they could further themselves in their career.

What Guys Said 6

• I think it's mostly genetics. My dad for example has been smoking and drinking for probably 30+ years now and can pass for his 40s.

• I got lucky. My siblings look their ages meanwhile I get hit on by High school girls, which is annoying and disturbing.

• I think it's normally combination of both. Although there are a few people that do nothing to take care of themselves but they look great.

• Mostly genetics cause I eat just food all the time and still look like I'm in high school 😳

• It's both but genetics play a big factor too.

• Both. My dad has awful diet and no exercise habits at all but he still looks way young for how old he is.

What Girls Said 12

• I think your right.

• I completely agree with u!!! :)

• Well, for girls at least I think it has to do with fertility. Up unto the point fertility peaks I think looking younger is just genetic, but after it naturally peaks, lifestyle plays a bigger and bigger role.

• Genetics, healthy eating and not living in the city. Most women my age who live in cities look much older than me. Their skin is so oooooold! So many wrinkles...

• I'm inclined to agree with your take on this, though I still think genetics play a part in it throughout your lifetime.

• I guess a combination of both, I get mistaken for a kid even though I'm in university and people always think my grandma is my mom but she took really good care of herself too. My mom looks really young too but she smokes so that might not last long!

• I think it's really mostly genetics.
    But taking care of yourself will keep your health from aging so fast, haha
    But like skin wise, I think that's unfortunately largely genetic.
    Though I know that can be helped some too

• Well most people in my extended family look young but in my direct family they look younger. Probably because when we were teenagers our mom showed us a trick: Keep all of your fruit peels in a container in the fridge and once or twice a week, blend them up and use them as a face mask :D

• It's mainly genetics. Then once your past 42+ it's still genetics but a bit of taking care of your physical body as well.

• Oh it's more from lifestyle choices I think.

• it's all in the genes mostly. but if you eat badly, don't exersize, and do drugs, you could accelerate aging regardless of genes.

• Getting heavier every year keeps you looking young too.

• of course. absolutely!!! especially for girls we have to take care ourselves...

• Lol barely take care of myself so I'd say genetics but I don't know my parents and stuff didn't age nicely. I'm always considered to be 14-15 or some high school student which always comes a shock to me