Is normal to live with your parents at 19?

And at what age is usually the normal?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's okay, it's good, don't move out unless you want some private time with someone, you have a room, I guess. Make some more moments of joy with your parents, cause they wouldn't be there for you always, I hate my mom to my core but never display it cause someday! When she is no more, I will miss her and regret being angry at her. I will miss moments with my father (the best father in world), so I will stay with them unless they push me out or, I need to leave when my destiny calls me, or I am no longer able to stand them and I am like I am done with you! ( it wouldn't happen, will never abandon them).
    Make some more moments. Fight and quarrel happens but there are moments of joy. Of feeling safe and relax, with them around.

What Guys Said 14

• Where I come from , it's normal to live with your parents all the way till you get married but I'm not a normal one so I'm out by 19.

Anyway... you just gotta weigh the pros and cons of leaving the nest.
    Pros - you build a rental record , get on your feet and learn how to be independent down , get a feel for the competitive real estate market , and really start to learn about cashflow.

Downside. BILLS , time to manage the property. BILLS BILLS BILLS BILLS BILLS , you are on your own.

• It's more common than you think. It's a good way to save money while you're trying to become financially independent.

• seems pretty normal at 19.

• shit, im 30 and back with my old man. I left the army and went back to uni, he was by himself and I felt bad for him being lonely. In the long run, he gets some company, I save a lot of money whilst im studying and I have a house mate who doesn't annoy the fuck out of me.

everyones a winner.

• Ye, why not? I don't see anything wrong in it.

• Yes, its very normal and smart. Moving away might sounds fun and cool, but think about how much money you will be saving by staying home?

• im 19 and still living with my parents, im out next year and off to collage again. trust me; its better to stay at home, save up your money, and then finally be able to go somewhere in life. dont go moving out when you work at micy D's and then try to go to collage, you'll be stuck working fast food for the better part of your life.

• Continue to live with them and SAAAAAAAAAAAVE. You'll be glad you did once you finally move out.

• I am 25 and I live with my father.

• depends on the culture and reason. that said, even if an adult lives at home, s/he should be self-sufficient in some form.

• In our country it is normal. It changes from each & every country. I'm 22 living with my parents.

• It is, I know a lot

• yeah, there is nothing wrong with it

• Generally you should be out by 18 since you're entering college but, not everyone likes the dorm or apartment life in college. You don't have to move out at a certain age but I think your parents would want you to move on with your life sooner rather than later. I'm 26 and still living at home because I have my own problems

What Girls Said 15

• Yeah I'm pretty sure that's still normal. I mean you just finished high school so it still makes sense why you'd be at home as you're still finding your feet in terms of what you want to do and career. I'm 21 and still partly stay at my parents when I'm not at uni.

• At this time I don't think it's unusual for people to live with their parents until their mid twenties or even a little later. I know a few people who moved out to go to university but had to move back home after graduating to save money. It's crazy expensive to rent unless you're living with like 3 other people, at least where I live. I'd stay at home and save for the future until you know where you're going in life.

• Really normal. Most people move out when they're in their 20s. I moved out a few months after turning 20.

• I lived at home on and off til I was 25. You save a ton of money, once I finished school and had a full-time job I started paying rent but still cheaper then living on my own. I saved up a bunch of money for a decent down payment on a house.

• I'd say it's pretty normal. Lots of 19 year olds still live with their parents.

• That's completely normal. You're still establishing your adult life and saving up money for later at that age. I didn't move out until I was 23 years old when I finished both of my degrees and had a full-time job.

• Yes, it is, and more common than you think. Especially if you're studying or saving money for something you want.
    I don't see why it wouldn't be normal.

• My sister still lived at home with her boyfriend at the age of 25. While they did that they had jobs and were saving up to move out.

Now they have both moved out and have jobs that they both love.

• It depends on where you live. In the us, it's not that common, I think, because most people at that agre live in college. On the other hand, if you're from south america, it's hard to find someone who's 19 and doesn't live with their parents.

• I am from South America :)

• That is true! I am from Argentina.

• Teens in Argentina are a bit more independent than in other countries but it's still pretty common for them to live with their parents.

• It's very normal in Denmark (Where I come from)
    Danes tend to move out when they reach their twenties.

• I'm turning 22 soon and I still live with my parents XD
    I'd say how age doesn't matter. Some people leave home when they get married or they still live at their parents' home despite they're married. So I believe there's no age line for that ;)

• I'd say its normal. I stopped living with mine at 17, stupid decision.

• I have no clue it differs depending on the culture

• It's normal. I'm still living with my parents until the age of 24.

• I do and I'm 19. Heck ain't no body kicking me out just yet

• hahaha yes. I live with the fear that someday they are just going to kick me out of the house.

• Haha gosh. I don't have to worry about that. My mum doesn't want me to leave the house