How do you combat winter depression?

Winter seems to have started extra early here this year. October had barely even started, and you already needed a winter coat and gloves to go outside. Now it's slightly less cold, but you cannot go outside without a coat. I've been feeling very, well, not depressed, but unproductive the past few weeks because of this. How do you handle winter depression?

Most Helpful Guy

• I haven't tried this yet but I've heard blue light therapy works best at this. thought they are pretty pricey, which is the reason why i haven't tried them yet

Most Helpful Girl

• Light therapy can help with that. It's basically just relaxing under a large, bright light for an hour or two to compensate for the sunlight missing from the day during the winter months. www.mayoclinic.org/.../prc-20009617

What Guys Said 3

• I love winter, I feel like a dead Vampire, I embrace the cold! I embrace it by eating a lot of protein diet and fats and high carbs. And then I go shirtless in 5-10° Celsius and go on heavy workout in open, until I sweat, cause sweating at, that temperature is like impossible. But even if your sweat a little, on daily basis. Guess what it is the key to become physically strong and a gain easy muscles, cause at that temperature, body heat does not gets stored and does not leaves us exhausted.
    On the other end I hate summer, I am lying half naked, sweating like shit, half paralysed, legs expanded trying to keep my balls cool, and if my chance I join my legs for 10 minutes my balls get heated up, and I feel like I am sick cause I am pregnant and feel like I am gonna throw up now.
    I do have like a body heat issue,

• Tan and keep working out, stay warm too!

• I work, having something to focus on keep the brain from getting bored and depressed.

It helps that I enjoy the crisp cold air.

What Girls Said 7

• I sped more time at the gym. I swear that working out more frequently helps me stay warmer, longer (better circulation?), helps put me in a better mood plus boosts my confidence by helping me look & feel much better. :)

• I like the cold, but after months of winter I do start feeling that way. I like to decorate my room with lots of yellow. For me it kind of mimics the sunshine and makes me happier. :D

• i am going to mexico in December lol :)

• I embrace it. Put me uggs on, get an open fire going, kitty cuddles, duvet days with the other half... best time of year!

• Be outside! I know it won't see like it's worth it, but seriously walks, any outdoor daytime activity will brighten your day. Just dress really warm though! Layers!

• I usually get myself a winter boy, to be quite honest.

• Winter makes me happy tho

I have a lot of allergies that are only there in summer/spring, so i like that in dont have them. besides, Christmas is near! :)