If a man and a womam were drowning at opposite ends of a pier, and you only had time to save one, who would you save?

• Save the man
  • Save the women

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sick of women, so I'd save the man.

What Girls Said 13

• oh gosh id need some time to think because APPARENTLY i need to think of the following...

what if she's a feminist?
    what if he's a really handsome man?
    what if the woman was lorena bobbitt and the man was mahatma gandhi?
    what if the man might be the future inventor of cure for cancer?

-.- -.- -.-

• I'd definitely try to save both, but I'd more likely go for the woman first because she's smaller and less likely to accidentally pull me in the water in a panic. Then us two women may be able to team up and save the man.

• Good thinking on the last part!

• Logically smart. Nice! I would try to save both, but I would save the woman first. That way, mankind can continue at least.

• I would save woman, most likely. Only because I'll assume she's going to be a bit smaller, therefore easier for me to try and save. I'm not the best swimmer so if I had a male of standard adult-male size going all dead-weight on me, we'd both probably go down.

• If the woman was lorena bobbitt and the man was mahatma gandhi, who would you save?

• I'd save Gandhi as he is smaller

• Not me, I'd swim towards lorena bobbitt, not to save her, but to personally make sure the bitch drowns and doesn't somehow survive. I'm sure gandhi will understand.

• I'd wait and see who can last the longest. And then I guess I'd save the winner and buy them an ice cream for a prize.

• What if the man was really really handsome?

• I bet you also made it up. You probably never even had a boyfriend.

• YOU'RE PROBABLY A COMMUNIST D:<

• I would save the one I would be most likely able to save. If I have more of a chance being able to help out a either gender then I would. It depends on my strength and whether or not I would be able to pull them out of the water. Whoever was smaller is the one I would save.

• Neither because once I got into the water I'd automatically become victim number 3 lol. I can't swim and I'm extremely afraid of drowning. So instead of definitely sentencing all 3 of us to death, I'd try to alert others so that maybe they both could be saved.

• #Neither

Because then my ass will drown too

• I bet you'll just stand on the pier and take a selfie

• I don't care if you're offded,
      You should learn to swim

• And you should mind your own buisness and learn how not to judge.

Learning to swim is something that you should learn while you're young and is extremely hard to do when you're older kind of like learning a second language.

You should learn how to not be such a coward and hide behind the anonymous button... Jerk.

• I'd save the man!

• Save whoever is nearby. If it's the woman nearby, then I would save her. If it's the man nearby, then him.

This seems like a bias poll.

• If they're at equal distances.

• PS If you consider an unborn child a "life" then you should start bombing abortion clinics who commit mass murder

• Putting too many ifs I see. Maybe she might decide to have kids at some point. If I save her, there is a chance other lives will form, increasing the population.

• I'd go for the girl first, because chances are she weighs less and it would be easier to get her to the land. Then probably girl power up and go save the guy together. So yeah, whoever is smaller. Or whoever was closer to me at the time I noticed.

• Quick assessment of who is smaller and therefore more likely for me to successfully save.

• Let them both drown because they are too stupid to grab onto the pier...😒

• I'm pretty sure you are looking for answers to insult people.

This guy is a lover of posting questions to hurl insults. Your reputation and language precedes you anon.

Let the insults commence.

What Guys Said 16

• Gah... god knows. In that sort of situation your brain doesn't engague you just act...

From a practical stand point I would save the woman FIRST, because generally speaking a guy will be able to hold out in the cold water for longer, and have slightly better stamina so he has a greater chance of staying afloat till I can get back to him, after saving the woman. Further If I saved a guy who is liekly to be heavier first I might be too knackered to try rescuing the lass.
    But in no way would I be thinking "I can only save one" I would be thinking "gotta save them both, which first?" A life isn't intrinsically more or less valuable because of gender. Is the woman worth more because she's the 'fairer sex' and the 'damsel'? Is she worth less because there are more women than men? Answer: Neither.
    A person's worth is far to complex a thing to be considering at such a moment.

• depends who is farther away from safety and by how much and if there is people standing around. if all things are equal then I don't know i probably save the smaller person first.

• Whoever was closest or that I could get to first and that I was sure I could save. In the moment especially a moment like that you don't have to think otherwise people will get hurt or die your body will either react or it won't.

• If they are conscious, I would yell at them to lay back and float.

If not, I'd go for the woman, due to men having a larger lung capacity I may just have time to save the guy as well, but if not, at least she'd be safe.

• Yes, women's lives matter, men's are expendable.

• No life is expendable, logically the man is more likely to survive, if only slightly.

• I'd save the woman out of instinct I'm not sure why.
    Or the one I'm closest too. I don't know. I'm bad at making quick decisions.

• Woman first. Probably lighter easier to save and the potential yo get yo safety faster. Opening the possibility to save the male.

• Sorry, dude. But I would save the woman. That way, mankind can continue.

• Whoever is closer. I wouldn't have time to think about it.

• What if the woman was a feminist? If you save her she might one day in the future cut off her bf's penis, would you want that on your conscience?

• I just fucking told you. Whoever is closer.

• Anon, I knew you were the cutting off the penis guy from yesterday. Someone must have done it to you cause you're so mad about it.

• I'd save the one with a Klondike Bar.

• I can't swim so neither

• Let em both drown.

• The woman, then the man.

• What if the womam was lorena bobbitt?

• How would I know? I have no idea what Loreena Bobbitt looks like.

• the woman. women are better in ways that men aren't.

• How sexists. Feminists should be appalled. After all its about equality for all.

• Neither! If one of them is hurt during your attempted rescue then you're legally liable

• Not anymore I believe. In Nursing school, they told us there's a law now protecting people from lawsuits who try and fail to save people.

Although, I don't remember exactly. It may only be for medical professionals.

• I would let them both drown

• The man might be the future inventor of cure for cancer

• I called that bitch what she is. Anyway that's what my papa called her too.

• so mean, you know if it wasn't for her you would have never been born