Is It a Bad Thing To Want To Be a Stripper?

I want EVERYTHING!!! But i am broke ass college student, i am so close to becoming a stripper! I would do it for the money becasue i really need it. Strippers make a lot of moeny and who wouldn't want a lot of cash? Should i become a stripper?
I also considered to get myself A SUGAR DADDY, so he could help me with my expesnes. So what should i do y'all?
PLEASE ME NICE.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 15

• You clearly don't know the definition of self-respect, don't you?

"So, in your resume says you were a stripper, is that right?"
    "Yeah, and a proud one :D"
    "Hmmm interesting, we'll let you know if we have a job for you... >.>... <.<... yeah, right xD"

Do what you wanna do, it's your life, but the majority of strippers aren't there because they want to. Also, you get treated poorly. And also, now from a personal opinion, I wouldn't date a stripper or ex-stripper, she clearly don't have the same values and morals as I do, and it's not the way someone should be earning money, but that's just me, though many other guys think this way too.

But like I said, you do you ;)

• Ugh.

"You do you". When you openly reject her morals and say she doesn't know what self-respect is.

You don't just insult someone's character and say "But that's okay, because you're fine the way you are!"

No, if you're going to be a dick, fess up to it. Be the dick, and stop pretending you're giving good advice for her. I don't like the idea of strippers much more than you do, but at least I'm a man about it.
      Condescending prick.

• @Man_Over_Game Listen, it's not my job to tell her what to do, so she can do whatever she wants. The only thing I can do is tell her what I think of strippers, and what many other people think of them too.
      I'm not insulting her character, I just said she has no self-respect, because it's true, if she wants to be used as an object by being a stripper and/or sugar daddy, she can do that, but that doesn't show self-respect.
      If you think that was condescending, well... I personally don't care :)

• I could not agree more 👏

• "I also considered to get myself A SUGAR DADDY"

Why dont you call it for what it is anyway and go prostitute yourself?

• I'm not prostituting myself!

• Sure honey. Considering having a sugar daddy and offering him your body so you get money is absolutely not prostitution. Keep telling yourself that.

• Lots of girls do it, and honestly it is probably better pay than they will ever see again for a long time.

• No shame. I did what they call gay for pay. Would strip and get off on webcam while people pay for the minute. Honestly if you can use your looks for money go for it. Only people that criticize it are people that don't have that advantage. That being said if you don't want to be judged you should look into the stock market.. learn forex. Do something that actually uses some brain power. Goodluck.

• Not sure that is wise, there is a lot of emotional baggage that comes from it, its distorted and not really a good way to make money because you sacrifice your integrity. Think twice about it, because you may start there and head onto other more dangerous roads, drugs, porn, escort, its not worth it. Value who you are, yes you are struggling, but its better to say I was poor, but I got a Masters and now I own my own home. That says more and you will feel more respect for yourself as well as others respecting you.

• Try getting a normal job first. You don't want to have stripper on your job resume once you graduate from college.

• She can be an intern during the day and stripper by night.

• @BusinessMegan It's still a questionable job choice. She would definitely have to exclude it on her resume. Additionally, working at most strip clubs is dangerous.

• She can put her internships if she wants to be an intern on her resume and leave out the stripping.

• No, I used to be a stripper and it has many highlights

• Well in no circumstances i would not advice anyone to become a stripper , sure there is money but your life be miserable , you can always earn money from other ways. It is hard to earn money the right way but it is not impossible just remember you have to believe in yourself.

• Nah, go for it. Some people will always be against it but... oh well. Can't make everyone happy, can you?

• if you have a hot sexy body why not? bounce dat ass on my face and take my money, I have more anyways, besides you only live once and you'll be the desire of many men complimenting you day and night making you feel like a goddess... I see nothing wrong with it I'm guessing this is just a temporary thing? I know a few stripper fuck buddies and they tell me their stories and it isn't as glamorous as it seems... shit gets real. be careful and don't be gullible ;)

• Thank you, you are sweet

• I'd rather you be a stripper. It might be a shitty job, but you have your independence. I have no problem with girls who strip for cash.

• Now showing: People who don't know the difference between a stripper and a prostitute.

• I want to become a stripper for money too. I'm not even a college student.

• You put way too much importance on material things I feel.

• take the hard way... easy ways always have a nasty catch

• Nope... if you're good, you can make a lot of money!!!

What Girls Said 12

• Yes, it's bad to want to be a stripper because realistically, stripping is shady business. All types of sneaky, shady, deceptive, and even dangerous characters lurk in strip clubs. While strippers make a lot of money, they also take a lot of risks to get that money; stalkers, being robbed, being groped, being raped, maybe even being murdered if the wrong psycho crosses paths with them. :/ Despite the fact that taking your clothes off and graphically, explicitly showing your vagina, anus, and breasts is already invasive enough, there are legitimate long term risks that can really screw you over.

Choose a different path. If you're in college then that means you are working towards a career. Which means you are establishing and building a healthy feature doing something you love where you don't have to take so many dangerous, harmful risks.

• You will get no respect from people. Not only that but I have a friend who was a stripper. She said there where men who said some Funked up shit to her. Like that they wanted to strangle her. She could not walk home alone because she was at risk. Even if you get hurt you must go on. Not to mention the fee. Depending on where you live you have to pay to rent the dance floor. You have to advertise for yourself, and if you can not then you will be SOL. Not to mention you will need a performers permit that costs money to. There are no benefits usually. You will be expected to strip til you are totally nude. You will be expected to be in good shape.

• 0|0
  • Alright, Lana Del Rey, be beholden to men if you want. Not a great long term solution.

• question: will u be a good stripper? if u wanna be a stripper be the best damn stripper out there lol

• Do it. I was a poor college student made a lot of money stripping.

• Become a stripper they said, it would be fun, they said.

• you can always do sugar babying on the side and you don't have to put that in your resume.

• Hahahaha, thanks

• Eh its the same career industry but serious just be a nanny then that I rather deal with brats then do anything sex related.

• yeah makes a lot of sense

• Not at all. It's very profitable and completely your own decision.

• Yes it is. Why would women want to objectify their bodies? Why?

• Strippers get no respect.

If you don't respect have any respect for yourself, go ahead, be a stripper.

❤✌

• You'll have a lot more trouble getting a good man and most likely be forced to settle, or stay alone.
    If your employers find out, you won't get quality work.
    You'll be treated like a piece of meat, regularly pushed into prostitution, maybe even treated horribly.

If you already insist on selling your body, I'd suggest you go with the sugar daddy option. You'll be little short of a whore, but there is a good chance you won't develop a reputation that can ruin the rest of your life.
    Though a sugar daddy may treat you like a piece of meat he bought (a whore, which you would be), do what he wants and really hurt you. Looking for a sugar daddy is a pretty big gamble, so thread these waters carefully.

Even smarter choice would be to be a genuine gold digger, looking for an actual partner.

And the smartest choice is to work for what you want, give up what you don't need and develop some self respect.