Why are these apartments so inexpensive?

There's this apartment complex that has a bunch of apartments for sale at 10k a unit which is really cheap. I never got to look in any of the units, but I drove through and there didn't appear to be anything wrong from the outside. Everyrhing looked normal. Even the location is good. They were all built in 2006, so I don't think it's Chinese drywall... But when I look at the history, people buy and then within 1-2 years are trying to sell or rent out their unit. Why could this be?

Most Helpful Guy

• 10K a unit? Really, where the hell is this? China? India? Detroit?

Me and my fiancé have been looking for a new apartment recently but it's all so expensive. In my hometown (Guildford, England) a standard 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment goes for around £215,000 ($375,000) on average. Even to rent a decent apartment I'm looking at £1500pm. It's ridiculous! Most places are big, luxurious & recently built, but that's because my county is the most expensive & affluent in the whole country, unfortunately..

10K is unbelievably cheap. There must be a reason for it so I wouldn't build your hopes up. The fact that most people sell within a year or two indicates they aren't satisfied with their purchases and want to move out. If it's just a short term thing then by all means bite the bullet and take it since the price is fantastic, but you sure as hell won't want to be moving into a 10K apartment on a permanent, long-term basis. You'll probably be wanting to move out within a matter of weeks. Like I said, it's almost guaranteed to have some kind of fault, hence the price. Definitely too good to be true!

• Yeah! Agreed. I'm not gonna buy, no way lol. I've decided it's either crack deals going on or its haunted

• Oh and it's in Florida

Most Helpful Girl

• This is some horror movie sh! t do not buy it if you know what's good for you

• I'm saying girl. No way in hell im buying but it's just weird

What Guys Said 7

• If it looks too good to be true - it usually is.

They have SECTION 8 now in even luxury apartment buildings so you can bet your ass there will be S8 in 10K apartments.

• where is it? how big is the unit? is it a starter apartment? there's no way to tell without looking at the specifics.

• All priced 10k, 3/2 or 3/3, with 1 car garage or no garage, 1500-2000 sqft. It's barely in this area called progress village which has a stigma you don't want to live there, but still I never knew why

• it's priced low because it's in a bad area. usually due to high crime rate.

• Yeah. True

• If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.

• No I totally agree, it's just a mystery to me bc I can't think of why

• People just got brutally murdered there?

• is it a college town, they go through a lot of apartments

• Those are built with sand probably

• Ask someone who lives in that complex.

What Girls Said 2

• maybe it's high crime at night or the inside is rather shoddy
    and like someone else said, it could just be a place that normally houses a bunch of students

• Gotcha, yeah I'm leaning toward something messed up on the inside

• could be haunted... BOO !

• I thought the same thing!!