When did you find something that represented "you"?

when in your life did you find something you truly loved doing? something along the lines of a sport, hobby or skill that you knew you could tell someone "this is what i do" and be proud of it.
mine is sailing, even though i have been away form the water for a wile, i can't find anything else that thrills me in the same way. :)

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Pottery, when I'm using the wheel and forming a vase nothing else in the world matters, it completely puts me in a meditative state and relaxes me like nothing else. Ughh I miss it. It's been 7 years.

• something i have always wanted to do, isin't it really messy? haha

• wish my highschool did stuff like that when i was there :P

• Yea I went to an extremely nice high school

What Girls Said 5

• I am depress does that defines me?

• hang in there, get some help if it gets too hard. i dont know much about depression so thats the best advice i can give :(

• hahah if I could I would... but I am going to ask around because I don't have money for it... I really don't feel gud at times.

• I found it by elementary school when I started singing and playing instruments.

• I love anime and kpop... I know that may seem weird, but since I love art and music, my love for anime and kpop reflects in my imagination and creation. For example.. I really love dbsk- bolero , I feel like that song is so beautiful that if humbles me and enables my imagination to go high into the clouds, and I loved the anime kanon, the story is so amazing, that it literally inspired me to be a better person, so yeah... I love anime and kpop because its inspirational

• i liked anime for a long time but right now i never get time to actually sit down and watch anything :/ ill definitely look into kanon when i get the time :)

• Cool! The story though is a bit slow for the first 4 episodes but you'll end up loving it.. especially since the main character is a humble guy that we can relate to

• i think about this a lot. you know, things that identify you and are things that you truly enjoy. i can't really say yet, i'm still trying to find my own brand cause nothing seems to fit right for me. like i do varsity sports i've gotten into writing and drawing, i think chemistry is fun and i'm into fashion but nothing seems to settle right for me. all just a journey i guess?
    i'm glad you love sailing!

• yeah i am 19 and im just starting to form that image of myself, it gets frustrating not having that one thing you really truly like. hang in there, there will be one experience that will come along and you will think "i could do this for the rest of my life and i would be happy"

• I LOVE dancing, is a great way of expressing myself, I forget about everything when Im doing it :) I also think riding horses (outdoors) is more than amazing, that connection u build with the animal can't be explained with words😍 I really love being outdoors too, is wonderful, all of these things go beyond a hobby, I am super passionate about them

What Guys Said 5

• Sports would be weight lifting

Hobbies would be meditation/guitar/games

But I'm not proud of them but I do certainly appreciate those things in my life ahah

• well, does gaming count. because i have been really good at gaming since i was 7 or 8

i did do boxing for a while so that would be the sport. i also like Basketball

• it seems like most of us like gaming, but would you say it really "represents you"? is it the first thing you would put on a resume if you were applying to be someones friend hahaha (best analogy i could come up with)

• one day gaming will be a sport and you will be drafted into a team like football or hockey then people from all over will want to be your friend :P im sure that you will have to almost give up gaming in a few years :/ collage is hard so time becomes really scarce

• yeah, one day i'll probably give it up. but i'll enjoy it while i can

• Smoking weed

• Meh, I haven't found such a thing yet lol

• When I as about 2 1/2, and it was music. Never looked back.

• really? what do you play? :)

• Piano, bass, guitar, organ, drums/percussion, and I dabbled in mandolin, ukulele, trombone, bassoon, and they asked me to drop viola in the Conservatory, said it sounded like dead cat! They were right!