Traveling to UK for 3 weeks, is 1,100£ enough?

-- My 2 weeks accomodation is free in London. Staying at friends house. I'll share money for food. Place is near heathrow which is quite far from central London so maybe £10/day for transpo?
-- My 1 week in Scotland. £102 for the hotel, £75 for tours I booked. All these needs to be paid in cash when I reach Scotland.

I did my calculation. If im gonna spend £40/day for 22 days, i'll meet my budget.

I will just buy few souvenirs and i can survive with just bread and burger in a day.

Any ideas? Is this feasible?

£500 for my airline ticket and train going to scotland which is paid through credit card.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you've already did your calculations then it must be feasible. But keep some extra cash you never know what might go wrong. But if you can do some jobs on your visit then I think you'll meet your requirements.

Most Helpful Girl

• the UK is fairly cheap and you will survive on much better than that. Greggs will become your favourite place where you can get all sorts of baked goods cheap.

You will want an Oyster card for london:

https://oyster.tfl.gov.uk/oyster/entry.do

How are you getting to Scotland?

• People say its expensive, some say food is cheap. I dont really know lol

Oh. I already booked virgintrain from London to Scotland.

• ok well you should be fine... London is more expensive than the rest of the UK so dont worry too much about it. You are out of the centre which means at nights the restaurants should be a little better price or takeaway etc...

Which country are you from?

What Guys Said 3

• You're in London long enough that it's worth it to get an Oyster Card. It will make paying for fares much cheaper and easier.

https://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments/

It's just about feasible, you'll need to keep an eye on the pennies as London is extremely expensive. Fortunately for you, most (but not all) museums are free.

• Will be tight but if you're carefull yo should do it ok

• For a guy it's less because I heard whores in UK are not cheap.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes that's enough. Avoid trains of yo can though.

• Why avoid trains? Buses are less costly I presume

• Yeah it is more than enough.