Please help me I'm having a 12 hours flight next week and I felt sick during my last flight which has lasted only 3-4 hours.
What do you do when you're on a plane and during the flight you feel sick like you want to throw up?
Please. I'm really nervous.
Most Helpful Guy
Take a seasick pill before you get on the plane...1
Most Helpful Girl
I'm an emetophobic so I'm a bit of an expert on preventing vomiting :)
1. Buy some Dramamine or a similar drug and take it 30 minutes before your flight. I get motion sickness and I always take this drug when going to amusement parks so I can ride the coasters. It's an OTC chewable tablet and it tastes gross but just wash it down with something. And it tends to cause drowsiness, so you'll likely just sleep on the flight.
2. Stock up on BreathSavers mints. They have baking soda in them that settles stomachs. And I've found that sucking on something (mints or maybe hard candies) makes me feel better when I'm queasy.
3. Order ginger ale on your flight.
4. If you get hit by a wave of nausea, press firmly on the inside of your wrist, about two inches below your hand. It's an acupressure point and it starts working almost instantly.
5. If all else fails, they have airsick bags. :/