Can people tell I have Aspergers/autism?

I have AS and how can they tell?

Most Helpful Guy

• People can't tell I have it so I doubt it

• You just appear normal to everyone so no one even has any idea? I got diagnosed in August 2001 I just found out looking at paperwork. But my parents had no idea what to do or anything.

• I've got a normal ish life and its not the worst thing I've had to deal with, I've got ADHD so bad that I would forgot where I was and what I was doing when I was little , I've got moderate to severe depression. But I've got a girlfriend whos dealing with some of the same and I'm doing well in college and I've got well rounded interests. I appear eccentric to people but most wouldn't be able to guess. Don't let it define you

• Ok. Thank you. I wonder if I care too much about what other people think of me with it. And I was almost always separate from every other student in school. I consider myself lucky if I get to talk to anyone. Relationships and the social aspect can be pretty tricky. I wish I knew more and I find myself asking and wondering all these questions.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes, not really physically noticeable, but maybe in movements. My cousin has autism, and he cannot look at people directly. He also cannot be touched by anyone. He does things very specifically (I actually love some of his organizational skills... he helped me out a few times). He's nice most of the time, too so I wouldn't worry. :)

• They can tell at least a little?

• Well, maybe I can because I grew up with him. Others might not, tho.

• Thank you!

What Guys Said 7

• Depends on what type I'm sure.

• They can't tell unless u tell them. No one knows ur body as much as u do

• Depends on the severity.

• I know it's less obvious and crazy compared to when I was younger. Because I used to have ZERO tolerance for being around people and it would really set me off, I used to run away every time I got mad, break and throw things, and disrobed. But I haven't disrobed since I was 12, I haven't ran away in almost a year, I don't break and throw things anymore even though I feel like it sometimes. I also take medication for my moods and behavior so I think that helps. In high school sometimes I'd run out of class if I got in a negative mood, and I had outbursts but I don't know now.

• Lol I probably have it to. Just real good at playing it off :)

• I've been told that it's really mild, and it's a mild and high functioning version of autism. But that still never answered it.

• Honestly as long as ur polite and respectful tword athos u shouldn't have a problem :)

• Depending on how bad it is, it's usually pretty easy to tell. You don't do jokes/sarcasm. Everything is serious and literal to you. Not always a bad thing though. I work as a software developer, and once had a colleague who was severely autistic. His code was amazing. It requires structural thinking etc.

• Hmm and I like to joke around or be sarcastic sometimes. I don't do it all the time and I am usually a literal person but it's actually fun, especially being sarcastic. And I hate it when I'm joking around or being sarcastic and some people don't get it and they take it seriously and make a big deal out of it

• I have asperger's. No one notices that I have it unless I tell them.

• Ooh secret unless I tell them and I just seem normal?

• i don't know what it is so i don't think i could tell. what is it?

• It's a developmental disability/social disorder.

• maybe i have aspergers/autism too then and i don't know it myself

What Girls Said 1

• I read somewhere recently that autism is caused by low iodine. either during pregnancy or while the child is young. maybe try getting more to see if it helps any