What would you do if you saw your classmates cheating during a test? Would you confront the teacher or leave it alone?

I'm a college student, so I'm surrounded by overgrown apes who should know better than to cheat on a test, right? Also we have a no cellphone use policy, but that's what they were using under the table trying to be slick. They both ended up scoring 100% plus 15% for extra credit points on additional questions. After class was over, I told the teacher they cheated. (No it wasn't out of spite cuz I passed with a 90%) He thanked me and that was that.

Did i do the right thing?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 5

• If the teacher grades on a "curve" ... then I think they are fucking you with their cheating - because it impacts your grade.

Buuut... if not, then I probably wouldn't. What do I care what those idiots do?

And I have actually seen other people do this and the teacher didn't do a damn thing - they just gave the cheaters the test score that was on paper.

• It doesn't affect my grade at all. Also, I go to a very strict college, so cheating is completely unacceptable.

• Yeah, don't worry if their cheating or not. In life worry about yourself, don't worry about what others are doing. Also, in 2015+ no one likes people who snitch/tell.

• Soooo if i saw someone steal your money, I shouldn't say anything because it's snitching and no one will like me anymore... Lmbo. Pah-leeeease. Give me a break.

• You must have a lot of friends.

No, I wouldn't rat them out. Them cheating doesn't affect me in any way at all, and its not my job to monitor if someone is cheating or not. So why would I do that to them for no reason at all? Honestly if I found out that someone ratted other students out like that I would want nothing to do with them.

• What does my number of friends have to do with anything? That was completely irrelevant to this question.
      And as far as having nothing to do with me, I honestly don't care. I don't live for other people to like me. :)

• Yeah someone has to be the voice of reason for the kids looking at this post, dont fucking snitch just for the sake of snitching. Everyone will hate you.

• Like i said. I don't care who hates me.

• If the class is graded on a curve then it actually hurts your grade so I'd say something. If not then I'd leave it alone. It shouldn't even concern you.

• Cheating is wrong, therefore it concerns me. I'm all about doing the right thing.

• @Asker my point was as an adult you're going to find something wrong about every five minutes.

• If I find something wrong in the next five minutes, I'll letcha know, k? 😉
      Lol. Smh. Pure idiots.

• Nope, you didn't do the right thing at all. Let other people do what they want, if the class actually fucking matters then the lack of knowledge by cheating will mess them up later in life, if not, why care if they cheated on a useless irrelevant test? You sound pretty envious.

• Lol no u fucking idiot. I got an A, so how the hell could i have been jealous? Lmbo. Shut up and sit down before u hurt yourself

What Girls Said 4

• NO who cares? Its their life! Don't hate on them!

• They're also YOUR future doctors. It'll be your life soon enough. U never know.

• 15 points my butt. Try 100 points 😉

• haha oh yeah then thats bad... hahah! I did that once but it was a 15pt test.

• oh are you the keeper of the rules? the teacher should have been paying better attention. life is not black and white, it is mostly grey. so if you see something wrong you say something for when it truly matters. tests only matter so much in the larger scheme of things and to be honest i would have been okay with you doing this cause everyone views things differently. but you gave MHO to that dude who made an offensive comment about black i mean overgrown ape doctor. so clearly you are not all about doing the right thing and are just a snitch. and if so sure you are right then why are you asking?

• No I wouldn't I'm not a snitch. Say what you want about I must be a cheater to or how they're my future doctor because unlike them I work for what I want but I'm not just going to poke my nose is someone else's buisness or become a teachers pet. As for the doctor thing even if they graduate they still won't know the essential things that they need to know so saving lives won't be in their future regardless.

• You're another fucking idiot. Shut the hell up

• I wouldn't have told the teacher? I mean you're not 10 anymore who cares? Just mind your own business.

• You must be one of those who would also cheat on their test if you're saying it like that. And what does age have to do with anything? Wrong is wrong.

• If it doesn't harm me or people around me it is none of my business. It goes without saying. do you enjoy playing dumb or are you really that dumb? 😁

• You read my mind. Either way, you're still dumb so... 😉