Do you believe in love at first sight?

My boyfriend claims "love at first sight" with me while I straight-up told him I don't believe in that and that it took me a few good months to fall in love with him. How many people believe in it and how many don't?

• I believe in love at first sight
  • I don't believe in love at first sight

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe in infatuation at first sight, that makes much more sense.

Most Helpful Girl

• Love at first sight is shallow. It implies that all it takes to love someone is looks. Which is complete bullshit. It's a made up concept in fairytales, it's not a real thing, yet some people think it's real. Ridiculous.

• I agree, it is lust at first sight not love. You can't know if you love someone until you really get to know their personality well at least I think so anyway.

• I wasn't trying to convince you... so you're certainly well to stand by your opinion.

I hope though, that it happens to you one day! :D

It will make you a real believer!

Good luck!

• @Thor696 that's like telling me you hope I'll start to believe in God one day... nah. But thank you nonetheless, I guess?

What Guys Said 34

• You can be attracted to someone's appearance at first site, maybe even lust after them. but love is something that you feel for the person that is inside. And you do not even have an inkling of the person inside by just seeing them.

When I met my wife, we were attracted to each other and spent some time dancing, then talking as we went to an amusement center and rode the rides. Our discussion became more serious and after a late night/early morning breakfast we went somewhere private to discuss our lives and deep feelings. that is when we fell in love with each other. So it was within about 6 or 7 hours of meeting, but only after very intense discussion.

You don't fall in love with someone by sight.

• It's just arguing about words, but no. Hear me out: There definitely is attraction at first sight.
    But love is a deep concern for each other's wellbeing--how can you possibly have a deep concern for each other's wellbeing when you haven't talked, don't know them, and have no idea if your personalities will even connect or not?
    Just my $0.02 :)

• No, 'love can never happen at first sight. It's just attraction or lust.

• I believe in attraction at first site.

You might be able to judge certain features that go beyond physical attraction, through body language, though it's debatable how accurate that is.

I mean it doesn't really matter though if you're both in love now.

• Yes, up to a certain point. It depends on the person, if your the type of person who is attracted to everyone, then heck no. If your not, then that person of the opposite sex you just might end up being with.

• I think "love at first sight" is bullshit. You can't know if you love someone until you get to know them and their personality. I believe the people that believe in "love at first sight" have mistaken "love" for "lust". It is "lust at first sight, not love".

• I know Men fall in love in a matter of seconds to weeks where woman require weeks to months. But here's what the WSJ has to say www.wsj.com/.../love-at-first-sight-is-real-if-you-believe-1429543032

• It happened to me. I have an excuse: I was only just 14 then.

• I believe in lust at first sight.. You can't love someone just by seeing how they look..

• I believe in lust at first site, not love. Love is something that grows the more you get to know a person.

• I believe in BAM: instant infatuation! But it's not love that develops over time.

• Sure I'm a product of it.

• I always believe in love at first sight... When I see a girl, I have to love it. If i don't love; i will never love her...

• The choices don't allow my answer.

Love at first sight is called infatuation.

So yes it's a thing, but no it doesn't mean anything important.

• I believe that love is something which develops and blossoms. Infatuation is what happens right away.

• I don't believe. it only works if both of the two creatures were immature or teenagers.
    But full mature couples that won't happen at all.
    Liking- Butterflies would happen. But love nope.

• That's a fantasy... mostly in books and movies.

• Yes I do. It's more than the "what does she look like naked?" thought for me.

• I believe in lust at first sight.

• Not any more.

• It is literally not possible. How could you love someone without knowing anything about them?

• Yes love at first time happens and that feeling can't be explained Love is like a disease sometimes you get infected from first look only

• Love at first sight? No, that's just attraction, mutual attraction at best.

• I fell in love with my wife the moment I saw her.

Married her less than a year later.

Been with her for 30 years now.

Still in love with her.

So yes - it exists.

• Oh and she'll tell you she fell in love with me first sight. And she's telling the truth too because she immediatly DUMPED the dude she was LIVING WITH to date me.

• I believe in "love at first conversation"

• Lust at first sight exists. Love does not.

• Lust happens first, love takes time

• It's possible.

• I truly believe in horny at first site, if that helps.

• It takes time to love a person. I dont believe in that fairytale shit.

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 22

• You have to blink first.

• I don't literally believe in "love" at first sight.
    I genuinely believe in attraction at first sight though.

• Ehh no, shit doesn't happen like that.
    You can't love someone you don't even know.

• no not really.

• No. ''Love at first sight'' do not exist.

Some Hollywood movie made that thing up, but in reality '' love at first sight'' is only a more glamorous way to say that you think that person is attractive and you felt very attracted to that person when you first layed eyes on her/ him.

Love takes time. That is just attraction and lust.

• Not at all. I can't like someone only by looking at them, I have too see them interact in their environment, the way they think/walk, their mentality...

• I don't think you can truly love a person until you learn everything about their character and accept all of their flaws. So for me "love at first sight" is bullshit. You can only see someone's exterior when you first meet them, so "lust at first sight" - definitely, but "love" - no.

• I always have :)

• I believe in "I wanna have sex with you"- at first sight but not in love at first sight 🐸..

• no because love only happens once you know a person...
    love at first sight is falling in love with the appearance... and thats a bs reason to love someone

• Yes I do :D

• No, I think you can be physically attracted to someone at first sight but it takes a long time to actually fall in love with someone

• no, it takes lots of time to love a person

• No.
    The so called "love at the first sight" is a form of euphoria, lust and physical attraction. Love is much more than that.

• no. I have a hard time believing in real love as it is.

• No, but I believe in lust at first sight.

• I believe in hate at first sight

• Honestly speaking. I don't believe that kind of crap. deeper bonds, last.

• Yeah but it could only be me

• No way its impossible.

• I used to think I did in my teens.

• Nah, I don't believe it. Attraction/lust/whatever at first sight, of course. But love? ...