Why are conservatives such hypocrites?

Whenever someone brings up stricter gun laws, they cry about how people should follow the constitution and stuff.

When someone tries to speak out against police, suddenly freedom of speech has never existed and neither has the constitution.

Whenever POC talk about how black people are a problem, conservatives are quick to applaud them.

But, let a white person defend POC and suddenly they're race-baiting.

Let a kid bring a clock to school and suddenly he's a terrorist.

Let a kid wear a gun on his shirt representing the military, and suddenly its fuck the rules.

Let America, bomb other peoples countries and kill innocent civilians.

But let Muslims be called the terrorists.

Let a white man shoot up theatres, churches, and schools.

But watch blacks, muslims, and Latinos be on Conservative watch.

Let white people riot over sports and it be called rowdy.

When black people riot they're all thugs.

Am I the only who one sees the hypocrisy?

Most Helpful Guy

• You will find hypocrites of all political stripes, when you start dealing with averages and groups, this is a good article to understand some of the problems:

www.psychologytoday.com/.../do-racism-conservatism-and-low-iq-go-hand-in-hand

Basically, it points out evidence that explains why people with more limited cognitive abilities are drawn to simplifying, conservative ideologies. They can't understand outside themselves, so they tend to be more racist, bigoted, homophobic.

So, because you have a much higher percentage of conservative supporters with low cognitive functioning, you will notice that, as a generalization, they will struggle to realize the hypocrisy present in a lot of their platforms and don't understand that Case X and Case Y are logically and morally the same thing.

It's all a big generalization, obviously, but it is why you notice it in general terms.

Most Helpful Girl

• OMG, THANK YOUUUU!!
    You won't even understand how much I just want to hug you right now. That's why I don't waste any of my breath on conservatives. Another thing I've noticed about them is, they will swear up and down they aren't racist but ad SOON as you disagree with them they call you every derogatory word know to mankind. It starts off as a presidential debate or something then they start pulling out black on black crime with some BS statistics. I just-... God help them.

• You're confusing racist with conservatives. There are plenty of Liberals and Socialists that are racist.

• @strider90 ohh, look. A bigoted 23 year old white man who thinks whenever POC talk about racism, it is "whining." Why am I not surprised?

• Anti racist is a codeword for anti white.

What Guys Said 12

• Why are liberals such hypocrites?

Whenever someone brings up law-abiding citizen aren't the cause of gun-crimes, they cry about how legal gune-owners should have their weapons taken away while criminals still will own theirs.

When someone tries to defend cops and claiming that there are good and just cops, they claim that all cops are facist assholes.

Whenever a POC says something against whites, they applaud them.

But, let a black person say that there are problems within the modern black community and those are race-traitors and uncle sams.

Let a kid bring a clock to school and gun-bans would have prevented that.

Support free speech, but enact hate-speech laws.

Let blacks have the highest criminality rates per person, but blame whites for being the cause of it.

Say people who hate Obama are racists, but black conersatives are stupid.

Respect all religions except for christianity.

Dislike capitalism, but enjoy all the benefits like their new ipads and whatnot from it.

Race is a social construct, white people are evil and racist though.

Firmly believes in evolution, but all individuals are equal.

Protip: Both sides are full of extreme thinkers and hypocrites. You aren't any better, just the opposite side of the extreme. Reality though is that both sides are full of shit and corrupt and the reality is often somewhere in the moderate inbetween.

• Uh oh... I'll go get the fire extinguisher ready... this could get ugly :-P

• Conservatives, Liberals and Socialists are all hypocrites from my experience.

• You're clearly blind.

• Cool, call all conservatives one party because you're stupid and can't spell republican. Not all conservatives are republicans, get over yourself. Democrats are just as bad.

• Shots fired?

• Nope. Many others do, but the said group doesn't somehow.

• So ignorant...

• Lots of people are hypocrites, not just conservatives

• Hypocrisy is the homage vice pays to virtue.
    Fran├žois de La Rochefoucauld
    ----
    Hypocrisy can afford to be magnificent in its promises, for never intending to go beyond promise, it costs nothing.
    Edmund Burke
    ---
    And I think it's really easy for people to point out hypocrisy in people's lives.
    Ellen Page
    ---

• Lol conservatives. When will they learn

• Liberals are equally hypocritical.

Example: Wesleyan University students have altered the funding of their schools newspaper because they didn't like that it published a conservative-leaning article -- in other words, they stripped its funding in order to censor opposing viewpoints.

Plenty of other examples can be found. There are complete fucking assholes of every political leaning. Don't get tunnel vision.

• I have seen a movement by some students to defund the newspaper, but have not seen that the school did it. the reason was that the article actually misstated some "facts" and could be seen to be raising tensions against the black community. Since it was not really an article but an editorial submitted by someone outside the newspaper, the content was not fact checked. So unless there has been a change, the funding was not stopped and it was not just a different viewpoint but a distortion of facts.

• @Red_Arrow
      It was an Op-ed, so of course it had a certain view on the facts. That doesn't mean they were stated incorrectly

But even if they were (I didn't read his article), that PROPER response would have been to right an op-ed disputing the author's opinions -- NOT attempting to censor the newspaper by altering its funding.

And yes, the funding WAS changed. It was subject to vote by students.

What Girls Said 5

• No-I see it too.

I think that everything is more complicated than your presentation, but I do agree that your case can be made.

That's why we MUST vote.

• Lol. Not all of them are, but there does seem to be a lot in their camp (though you can find it in plenty of other political allegiances as well). I once heard a conservative speak about how Feminism ruined marriage and women staying at home... and bitched about having to pay his ex wife alimony. :/

Then again, hypocrites are everywhere. I p

• Oh, honey. I feel you. I know what you're saying. Do be careful, love, there's a violent community of conservatives on this website who will attack your shit for years.

• When it comes to guns: "the government needs to stay out of my damn business!! Don't worry about my garage full of semi-automatic weapons!!"

When it comes to marriage: "the government should tell people who they can marry."

Yeah I feel you.

Note: I don't want to ban guns by any means I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy

• Okay, not all conservatives are like that.