Is there a connection between low blood sugar and thyroid?

I am trying to find out how I got low blood sugar. I was not born prematurely and am not diabetic. I have a feeling that my low blood sugar has something to do with my thyroid condition. I know my thyroid is overactive and I am almost always hungry. If you were to ask me if I was hungry and I said no I am probably lying. But because of my thyroid it is difficult to gain weight. Does anybody have any idea of a connection between low blood sugar and the thyroid gland.

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably. It's the endocrine system. Everything's connected to everything and it's frustratingly complicated. It could be as simple as the fact that your hyperthyroidism is making you use more glucose.

Most Helpful Girl

• no. it's probably an issue with your digestive tract.

What Guys Said 1

• I have a question. How do you get rid of thyroid?

• i was born with my thyroid issues it runs in my family so its genetic. Your thyroid is basically the gland on your throat that is shaped like a butterfly. You can't get rid of it but you can regulate it or make it easier to live with basically by eating healthier. I have heard yoga helps I have been eating better and working out i dont know if its making a difference. My aunt has way worse thyroid issues than I do. Then again, she is a heavy smoker and does not eat remotely healthy.

• oh gosh thats really horrible did she have any other health problems that made her thyroid worse? i have a lot of "invisible" health problems like i have one leg that is an inch longer than the other making my back crooked and giving me very horrible flexibility, I failed every flexibility test in high school but nobody had any idea that i had a perfectly good excuse. This is another reason why i am working out because if i dont straighten my back with exercise, i will have to have surgery when i get older.

• She had a lot if other health problem as well. The doctor was just saying the thyroid caused her body to shut down while she was in the hospital.

What Girls Said 2

• Visit an endocrinology or pathology doctor to be sure. However, young people usually have lower blood pressure than older people. You can see how much blood pressure other people your age tend to have. Mine is usually 12-6

• Hyperthyroidism causes high metabolism which can result in high sugar or glucose metabolism which can lead to low blood sugar.