What was your prom like?

Would u relive that moment? Did you get your first kiss that night? Did you finally lose your v-card? Did you end up marrying your old prom date? Did you end up becoming enemies? What happened? I was homeschooled, so I never had a prom. What was it like?

Most Helpful Girl

• I had a prom night in "secondary school" now I'm in something we call "preparatory" but I'm doing it online so I won't have a prom either.
    The prom in secondary school was okay, I gave my first kiss at 5 and the official one at 12.
    All my friends from secondary are still there but I don't care about them anymore so... Nope, I didn't make enemies or friends. I just met people.

• I understand. And wow, u had your first kiss at 12? You were so much more cooler than me. I had mine at 22 Lol

• That's very sweet, thanks <3

• You're welcome ❤

What Guys Said 13

• We don't have anything like Homecoming or Prom in my country but I actually spent a year in America as an exchange student in high school. Because I was a senior at that point, I experienced the American Homecoming and Prom. Homecoming was quite nice and somewhat romantic as I remember it. Prom totally sucked. Though this was also partially my own fault. Since I unfortunately had been hanging out with a lot of very weird people during the first part of the year (something I kinda regret nowadays), I was looking for some nice, easy-going, kind, and most of all, normal friends. I found four or five really cool guy friends that I spent some great moments with but the thing with the girls wasn't quite working out. I had one girl I was in love with and who had been my girlfriend before but sadly, I wasn't allowed to take her because she was only a Freshman. However, there was one other girl I found quite cute and so I made it my goal to ask her to come to Prom with me. I wanted to be really sweet and romantic and invested quite a lot of work in it. I made a cute poster and bought candy and flowers for her etc.. When I finally went to her home, rang the door bell and asked her out like this, she was very moved, kissed my cheek and said yes.
    So far so good. However, a few weeks later, shortly before Prom, a friend told me during lunch period that her friend apparently had a crush on me and was now super jealous that I was going to Prom with another girl. Me being both very flattered (it's not self-understanding for me to have girls crushing on me) and, at the same time, feeling bad for her, I simply decided to take her too and have two Prom dates instead of just one. As you can imagine, this basically screwed up my Prom. My first girl now got very disappointed and jealous. Nowadays, I can understand her but back then I didn't. I didn't know that Prom is such a big thing to people because we simply don't have it in my country. So I reacted in a admittedly insensitive way of arguing "come on, it's just a party". At the same time, my second girl loved me for accepting her as my date but also got jealous on my first girl. Before I knew what was happening, I was completely entangled in this crazy cat fight and totally dysfunctional three-way date if you will. It didn't end well. On the evening of Prom, my first date got so jealous because she was thinking that I didn't give her enough attention that she left me without a comment or explanation and spent the rest of

• evening with her friends. About an hour later, when we were done with dinner and going to the dancing place, my second date decided that I was apparently not so interesting after all and that her crush for me had disappeared, so she asked another guy and ended up being his date. In the end, I was the only one at that party who didn't have a date. Both my ex-dates ended up finding a new guy and dancing with many different people on that evening. Also, all of the other exchange students had a date and spent a nice time with them. For me it was especially hard because I didn't know so many people at this school and didn't know who to talk to. Most people were busy talking or dancing with their dates anyway. So I just sat down on a sofa outside in the hallway, wishing my host mother would just come and pick me up so I could go home and go to bed. At least I learned something from this disillusioning experience: it's always better to have the sparrow in the hand than the pigeon on the roof.

• Oh wow. You ended up alone for being innocently a gentleman. I'm so sorry those girls left u for someone else. Dang, that sucks

• I never went to the prom!!

• It was in a big city and was expensive, which is why I didn't go to it.

What ever happened to the T. V. Proms when they were in the cafeteria? LOL!!!

• boring and uneventful, even though i went with my girlfriend and in limo. guess i didn't like her all that much lol

• Prom was priceless. Long white hummer limo,5 of my best friends, went just us, and left with a bunch of girls we had barely knew from school...😊 What a night mann.

• I didn't go. I stayed at home crying.

• I didn't go.

• I'm sorry. I bet many hearts were broken

• No idea why we do anything. Must've been something ripped off the US or something, like cheerleading. You don't know true dullness until you see a British attempt at something like that :l

• Lol aw 😕

• We didn't have them in the UK when I was at school.
    It only took off about 5 years ago.

• Wow, seriously? I honestly thought all countries had something related to a prom night.
      Would u have gone if it were out when you were in High school?

• I probably would off yes.

• I didn't go because I thought it was dumb and overly expensive to attend. Also I had no girlfriend.

• I hated it
    475$+ wasted that I could've used right now

• Is it sad that my college never had prom?

• Never went. Not a chance was a girl coming near me.

• Mixing tang and cough syrup.

• That bad huh?

• No, I just drank enough to tang and cough syrup to think I went to the prom.
      I dropped out of high schools so I never went to prom.

• Oh, I see. Well don't feel bad, a lot of us never went to prom so...*shrugs*

What Girls Said 10

• I had two proms. Junior and Senior year.

I'll talk about Senior Prom I guess.

I went with my boyfriend. We'd been dating for 6 months (ish) at the time. We kissed that night but it was absolutely nowhere near our first kiss lol I am still in possession of my v-card so I would have to say I did not lose it that night.

I'm still with that boyfriend. I am graduating college in December. We do plan on getting married, yes. He was a cutie when I met him in middle school and he was a cutie all through high school and he was a cutie when we started dating senior year and I get to keep his cute self for the rest of forever :p

• I don't want talk about it!

• i actually wish i went with my friends compared to going with the date i had (we went as friends) its just when i compare my homecoming where i went single and with my friends, i had a ton of fun. During prom, my date did not respect my need for independence. So it was not very fun and was pretty lame. Afterwards i was very tired and just took off my makeup and my dress got into comfy PJ's and went to bed.

• I'm so sorry your experience with your date was bad. I feel every female deserves at least the best prom of her life. I hope to make up for my prom someday. :(

• I had my first kiss before then and had sex before then, I'm still with him, not married, it was really boring and over rated

• Pretty cool, I loved my dress and make up :p My friends and I rented and a nice golden Limo, it was a classy prom with a nice DJ and good organisation. The last party I enjoyed. The ones I've been to in France SUCK

• I never got a chance to go to prom :'(

• I'm sure your times will come when you can :p

• Lol no need to apologise :P and thank u

• okay and ur welcome ;)

• Hasn't happened yet.

• my school changed the venue that year to a much smaller, less prettier one
    my friends wouldn't dance
    my friends started crying half-way
    i had someone stalking me

yeah... it sucked

• Well dang. I'm so sorry that happened to you. Shoot, I would've freaked

• I was there briefly but I had to leave early to take care of a drunk friend. I wasn't disappointed about it at all. A luau-themed prom with overplayed pop songs was way too pretentious for me.

• Didn't have a date, just a group of girls. Wish I could go back in time and do something insane like a combination of what you just said!

• Going with a group of girls seems very fun to me. Especially if you all are best friends. And I find it admirable that you didn't do anything as insane as what I posted. Not everybody is "doing it"😊