What's the point in living?

People always say it will get better, but it isn't.
Things just keep getting worse.

This month:
I had my first breakup.
I got in my first car crash, followed by my first stitches, my first concussion and my first time on crutches.
And after that my best friend for 10 years stopped talking to me. I'm wondering if she ever really cared about me because she never was really there for me.

I pretty much always feel sad, even before all of this.
I just don't know what to do anymore.
It seems like nothing is going to get better.

People tell me just to hang with my friends, have some me time and it will get better.

I don't really have any friends that I talk to on a regular basis, and me time usual ends with me with a knife wondering why I haven't done it yet...

Most Helpful Guy

• I was really depressed in my teenage years and I'm glad for it. I know so much more about myself and life in general because of it and I know I've helped plenty of friends through tough times because of my experience. Now I'm 25 and I'm having an absolute blast and love my life, everything is going well, something that I would never have believed when I was 16. Teenage years are confusing and tough for a lot of people, it really is true that things get better. It's hard to see the light when you've been in darkness for so long, but it's there and your eyes will adjust! If you need someone to talk to or someone to listen to you feel free to pm me :)

Most Helpful Girl

• drop out of school and get a job and get an apartment and a roommate; no more school drama

• Great advice Einstein

• @Nicolás25 honestly I'm sick of people thinking their lives suck. Everyone has freaking hardships. Is just figuring out how to cope. My answer was sarcastic

What Guys Said 9

• Yeah, sometimes life does suck, sometimes it all piles up on you and you don't think you can take it anymore. but if we all gave up when that happened there would be nobody left to enjoy the things that make life truly beautiful.

You are still young enough to live a long and happy life, Some of my best friends have had the most fucked up childhoods imaginable but were able to fight through it and now have pretty awesome lives. If you need to talk there are people on this site who are not so bad I am sure you could talk to.

• trust me, it gets better, but not if you don't try.

• well, killing yourself won't fix anything, will it. It doesn't remove the problem, it just removes... you.

• Your first breakup is always the worst. Everything else just sounds like a shitty month. Next month will be better. The point of living is to experience life. You don't appreciate the highs in life if you've never hit the lows. You don't appreciate love without having experienced rejection. You don't appreciate wealth without having been poor. You don't appreciate health without experiencing sickness or injury. You need the lows so you can appreciate the highs.

• Your at a really young age so you , so you have plenty of time, to make the right decisions, make sure to set your own examples not by what your parents do. Some wounds can heal over time , but some just can't. Just reflect what had happened that lead to this point, and learn from your mistakes. Your not your parents , you are you!

• At times life really is a shitter, but it always gets better. Go see your Dr get some help and in a years time you'll look back and realise how strong you've grown. And always remember that there's a better way. We've all been in that place it does get better I promise.

• Hey, at least you had a boyfriend. At least you had a friend.
    I've been alone my whole life and I can't change that.

• I suggest you look into philosophy it worked for me specifically existentialist philosophy and Buddhist helped me through my depressed teenage ways but maybe some other philosophy speaks to you it takes lots of work though good luck!

• People have been to jail and others raped yet they manage to get through

What Girls Said 0