My mom is hurt because of an accident I caused?

I was running errands with my mom and I had just pulled up in the parking lot of a grocery store and her flip flop got stuck on the strap on my seat covers made her trip and made her bad back worse and hurt her foot. I feel awful and i can't stop crying. I never was the type of person to get drunk but right now I want to get so drunk I can't remember my name.

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, I don't see how this is your fault. I'm sure you care about her and don't want to see her get hurt. But let's set aside for a second that your mom is an idiot for wearing flip flops to the grocery store. How on earth is it your fault her flip flop got caught on a seat cover? Did she convince you it was your fault?

• She was lashing out. But I should've made sure they were tied down.

• No, that's abusive behavior. She is an adult and responsible for herself. Just because you are her daughter it doesn't change the fact she is still responsible for herself. Flip flops are for the beach and stupid people wear them other places. Those people are stupid because things like this happen when you wear flip flops, its foreseeable. Secondly, it's an accident that is not foreseeable if people are not acting like idiots. She should be grateful that you are kind hearted enough to not hold this against her. At least she did that right.

• I don't know why I am blaming myself. I was always one of those people where if something happened to somebody and if i was even slihhlty reaponsible i will find a way to blame myself. Everybody on here is telling and so is my family except my mom.

Most Helpful Girl

• She will get better in time. It's not like she lost a foot.

What Guys Said 2

• it was an accident. there was clearly no intent and it doesn't even sound like you are entirely at fault. I mean she sort of tripped herself right?

it's understandable to feel bad but don't beat yourself up. I'm sure you mom will heal up

• i can't help it I absorb other peoples emotions easily. If anything it should be me with the hurt back and cuts on my foot.

• I understand how you feel, but remind yourself it was an accident and your mother will heal... My mother once ran over my foot when I was about 13. I didn't hold anything against, I knew there was no intention in it

• That was her fault not yours at all. You can't ensure she takes every step safely. If she can't safely get in and out of a car with flip flops she shouldn't wear them.

What Girls Said 1

• Instead of getting drunk, make your mom a apology meal, hug her, and or say sorry.

✌❤

• I had to keep telling myself that i should never emotionally drink. I think I understand why people get emotional drunk. I will make her the apple turnovers she loves.