Is it naive to walk home with a guy (at night) ?

I was at a bar with my boyfriend last weekend. It was one of his friends birthday but I it wasn't my kind of party so at around 1 I wanted to go home. We live in walking distance and I've walked home alone from there plenty of times.

So I just told him I was gonna leave. But he wanted to stay and he didn't want me to go by myself either.
Then this guy interrupted. I didn't recongnize him at first, but when he said it I realized I knew him from college and he said he was about to leave and if it's not far he doesn't mind walking me. So I was like great, I'll walk home with him then. But my boyfriend, was like "No you're not, I don't want you end up dead in a ditch"

The next day we fought about it some more. He said he can't believe I would be so naive. But I don't think it is naive. We live in town and it's busy on a Friday night, plenty of people. And then I would have been with a guy I kinda know. How is that naive?

Most Helpful Guy

• tell him to stop being a pussy. you're a 25-29 year old woman and can take care of yourself from a 1 mile walk, tops.

• is that what my age says? Because I'm 22

• @SarahsSummer true, but she does and she was perfectly fine walking home and said she's done it plenty of times before.

• @Other_Tommy_Wieau Yeah, I see what you're saying.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not sure about " kinda know" but if someone was going to walk me home I'd get confirmation from an actual friend who does know the guy and if the friend says he's ok I'd go and appreciate it. but for your boyfriend to get mad is another thing. If he was so concerned he should've walked you home and gone back if he needed to. Do you have Uber where u live?

• I don't think so. I've never heard of it anyways

• It's a car service phone app. I use it in the situations you describe.

What Guys Said 2

• Kinda know sounds like you don't really know. I think you took a small risk there. Not huge, but not zero risk. Young girls occasionally disappear doing exactly what you did.

• Like someone else said, your boyfriend could've walked you himself if he didn't want you to go with someone else or by yourself. If you didn't really know the guy, it would've been risky.

What Girls Said 4

• Your boyfriend wants to ensure that you are safe. I would have done the same thing if I were in his place. Smart man.

• That's really risky...

• i belive its not so much that this guy was a guy you dont know well... it was more of your boyfriend didn't want you walking home with another guy. even if he doesn't know why he got upset. i think it upset him that another man stepped in and was going to 'take care of you' in his place

• I don't do clubs but If it were me, I wouldn't go with the other guy.

I am just like that.

✌❤