Do you curse in front of your parents?

I overheard my roommate talking to her dad on the phone, and she basically said "She needs to get over that shit."

I personally don't curse in front of my mom or grandma, or any family member, besides my sister.

If I did, they would probably be very disappointed and/or get mad, haha.

So, I keep peace and harmony by not cursing in front of them.

• I do
  • I don't
  • I only do it if I'm very angry

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't make it a point to curse in front of my parents. and I watch what I say more than say with friends. but I also feel like I'm at an age where I can curse where appropriate... heck they curse in front of me when appropriate

Most Helpful Girl

• Interesting. When i was growing up my brother taught me something that i won't forget and it just sticks with me. Once he caught me swearing on the phone with a friend. I thought he was going to tell on me or shout at me, instead he said this-

"{myname} you are probably going to expect me to shout you, but i'm not, you are big enough to make your own decisions in life, however as a brother to a sister, why not be the same person, why do you have to change who you want to be for someone else, why hide, if you swear, fine, but be the same person regardless of who you speak too"

And i guess it struck a chord with me and i changed to not swear and be the same person whether i address the president or my ex.

What Guys Said 22

• I do curse sometimes but it's not really a big issue in my family. My dad curses very little but my mom actually curses more than all of the other family members combined ;-). She is a psychologist but her first job originally was social worker and as such she used to work with people who are heavily addicted to hard drugs such as heroin for several years. Unsurprisingly, she unconsciously picked up a lot of these people's vocabularly and even though this has been more than 30 years ago, she still curses like an old seaman. My grandma on my dad's side also curses considerably more than I do. I think my siblings and me actually curse less than the older generations of my family.

• Nope. My parents have a "curse as much as you like, just not in front of us" policy. I generally don't curse though. Except in rare cases, I would only curse if I'm mumbling to myself.
    Example: It was raining extremely hard today as I walked to class. I had an umbrella and still got soaked. It wan't fun. I mumbled to myself (while kind of laughing at the situation 😅) "Aww you got to be fuckin kiddin' me."

I usually don't find a reason strong enough to curse unless I'm by myself.

• My mom curses... A lot lol!
    But I never curse when I talk to her lol!

• I do now and then but less than average, I'd say.

• I rarely curse so much as in my thoughts.

• i dont swear im a good boy :^)

• Mine told me not to curse, so I don't. All you're parents probably told you not to curse when you were young. What I just don't get is why you still don't listen to them and curse anyways. "Oh well I want to" NO!! They told you not to, so don't!!

• I don't but they do

• I do slip sometimes... but I try not to, especially since my parents don't curse a whole lot these days!

• Me and my father curse each other a lot. It's fun.
    ''Fuck you you little bastard!''
    ''Fuck you gramps!''

• My parents don't care. Yeah, we curse around each other all the time, especially when we're all watching reality TV and that stuff... It's kinda funny

• Sometimes, yeah.

• Fuck I haven't seen my fucking parents in like fucking ever... no.

• Only my dad. My mom and granma will Hulk slam me. My dad I can curse to sometimes.

• Asian boi know better than that.. but baby Vishna 👄

• I do, but in English, so they have no idea.

(I don't live in an English-speaking country)

• I could never do that to the woman who birthed the living embodiment of perfection.

• I don't curse.

• Imwould say it almost never happens. And I almost never get angry in front of my parents anyway.

• Yes. All the time. They curse more than I do though.

• It's Very rare

• no my parents would seriously beat the shit out of me if i did

What Girls Said 27

• I was swimming in our backyard and they laid down fertilizer and I was like " OH MY GOD, IT SMELLS LIKE DOG SHIT" and my dad was standing right there hosing the plants and I was like 😶 And I literally just dunked my head underwater. Same thing happened when I was playing agar. io and my mom was talking to me, I forgot she was there (ofc) and some guy killed me (GRRR) And I was like "FUCKKKKKKKKKKK" because well, rage quit 🔫 and that got my laptop taken for a good two weeks :))))

• Oh no.

They're allowed to swear in front of me but the favor can never be returned lol

• I try not to but I'm so used to hearing and using that kind of language that every once and a while I slip up.

• Yes I do, in Khmer too, which my mum ends up laughing at, because she thinks it's funny.

• My grandparents and sister raised me so they're basically my "parents" and yeah I curse a lot in front of them. My grandma still gets angry and calls me out every time but my sister got over it a long time ago.

• I always do it and they rarely tell me something about it.
    When I'm way too rude that's when they start barking.

• No. It's slipped out of my mouth a couple of times in front of my mom, but I was always embarrassed. I don't do that in front of her.

For me, it's about respect.

• I do, but my mother gives me an angry look when it happens.

• Never, unless I'm watching a movie and a scene appeared and I'm like "omg fuck it!" "Damn!" - then my mum would say a few words lol. My mum know that I curse, but I don't do it in front of her, or any other family members.

• I DO ALL THE DAMN TIME!! hahah

• I don't. Though I've never been a situation where I've needed to curse in front of my parents

• No, never ever done that. Cursing in front of parents/ family is disrespectful and rude. But then again i don't bother to curse at all in front of anyone in real life either.

The only place i bother to curse is online. Because i feel more confident and don't care that much about it here.

• I wouldn't dare! Lol. My mom would slap me on my mouth.
    Jk jk.
    But still, my parents don't even swear in the house soo, of course I wouldn't swear in front of them.

• Parents? Yes. Grandparents? No.

Hell, my dad just showed me a music video earlier that he was really stoked about that was riddled with cuss words and he was jammin out next to me while I was watching it.

We're a very relaxed family.

• i dont really cuss, but id never show them that much emotion itd just get me in trouble theyre not worth the expression :p

• Only if I'm super agitated or upset. It slips out. My mom usually underrstands. I do have her temper after all.

• My mom would slap me in the mouth if I ever cursed at her, or anyone in my family... it's disrespectful

• I do sometimes, they don't care.

• I live in Australia, every man and his dog swears. Mum and I swear like crazy when my brother isn't at home. It's hilarious.

• Mine don't care, they never did. They curse a lot as well and it's not like saying words is harmful. We lovingly throw insults at each other all the time.

• It can happen if i am really angry. Normally i control myself.

• never lol. but i dont curse in general... i try to avoid it

• Sometimes; my mother doesn't care, she does it too.

• Honestly we all curse - even my grandmother. It's really normal in my family aha.

• Lol I do I curse bilingual fuck ya valio verga ahaha.

• Yeah, my Mum doesn't care, she swears a fair amount too

• When I am extremely angry. Which rarely happens.

I say things like stupid, hell, freaking, etc.