What Should I do?

My mom has horrible credit and she put a credit card and cable in my name i know this will lead to later problems i asked her not to she said she can do whatever the fuck she wants and i need to shut the fuck up i dont know what to do?

Most Helpful Guy

• ask an other adult from your family for help. if there is no one, call the bank. I highly doubt it's legal what she does so the card will get blocked

Most Helpful Girl

• Call the bank and credit bureau and explain your mom is using your personal information without your consent. Technically, I think this would constitute as identify theft.

Safeguard your credit. If she drives it into the ground, it will have a very negative impact in your early years when you are leaving home.

• I don't know what to do if she finds out I'll get in trouble

• You could call the credit bureau and inquire about credit history. Just play dumb and pretend you know nothing about there being a credit card. When they mention it, tell that you don't know anything about this card. They will look into it, freeze it, and likely add a note to your reports staying compromised identity.

I know in Canada here, as a parent I have been able to request the automatic denial of any credit based services for my son until he reaches 18 (he is under 2 years now). I am sure you could ask them to put a 2 year freeze on any credit requests.

I think you could go about this mostly anonymously to avoid her wrath. However, it is her that should be ashamed of her behaviour, not you.

What Guys Said 2

• If the credit card is in your name you can cancel it. If you really wanted to you could report her to the police for credit fraud as what she is doing is a crime.

• Burn the fucking credit card 💳 😝

• Lol i would but anything that happens im always the blame same thing goes for if I didn't do it

• Listen try to talk with your mom about this easily if she won't change her mind then leave you can blame her if there's any later problem and she will have to help you out for that!!!

What Girls Said 1

• Oh boy. 😔
    Is there any other adult in your family you can get help from? Aunt, Uncle etc...