Do you enjoy answering the door to trick-or-treaters?

• Yes I love doing it
  • No - I hate it/kids are annoying etc.
  • See results

Most Helpful Girl

• I love doing it <3 The boyfriend is refusing to do it though and plans to put out some kind of sign to tell them not to knock :(

Most Helpful Guy

• To be honest I hate it. I just see Halloween as any other typical day except on this day I have to either hide or open my door continuously to say I don't have candy. Most of the time I just leave and walk around now though so I can avoid all that at home.

What Girls Said 10

• I think they're so sweet coming around incredibly cute all done up little faces beaming in the cold. If the parents are dressed up with them I'll give them a treat too lol. I keep things for the younger children too like softer crisps. This year Iv got toys for kids that may have allergies :)

• To be totally honest, it annoys me a little bit. I feel like I have to dedicate the whole night to doing nothing other than standing at the door waiting for someone to knock. Every time I open the door, give the kids the candy and as soon as I close the door, there is already another knock. So this year I just put a few buckets filled with candy outside the door. So the kids could just get it themselves and all I had to do was check back every now and then to refill the buckets. That way I could actually get some things done rather than just stand by the door the whole night.

• when they come by my house yes i will answer. Nobody really comes by my house but when they do, i give them a lot of candy because i will just eat it myself. The last kid was dressed as a stormtrooper and he was really cute and sweet.

• Living as we do in a fairly isolated country cottage (our nearest neighbour is almost a mile away) we very sadly don't get "visited"

We do however organise and fund our yearly Halloween and fireworks party at our garden centre business.. So we still get to see all the scary costumes worn by both the children and adults.

• They don't really visit us. Maybe once in 5 years.

• No. I'm going to egg any one who messes with me while I'm watching football too.

• It's a little annoying, especially when the kids are ungrateful and rude.

• No it's scary.

• luckily it doesn't happen here

• It;s alright. I like looking at the cute costumes, but once I turn my light off and lock my door (like 3 hours of handing out candy) I want to stop. It's annoying when people ring the bell after I've locked up.

What Guys Said 9

• Fuck no. If I had candy around I would have eaten it myself. Angelo doesn't share food.

• I really like it, yeah. The little kids get dressed up and they're all excited and childlike. It's great. And then you get to hand them little candies. :)

• Lol I call Halloween the "shut off all our lights and pretend no one's home" holiday😂😂

• I open the door and they say trick or treat and i say dick or treat? and than...

• No. Even if I turn every light in the house off I still get trick or treaters.

• I did once, and I'm not a huge fan. I think it's just a waste of money.

• It's not a thing here, so I don't know

• They don't come by my place.

• "Hello, this isn't America, have a good day."