Where, when, and how, did you learn English? Can you speak it fluent?

I learn it at school, I can't speak it very well

0|0
13|12

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I began to learn my first English words in school when I was 10 years old. School didn't really taught me anything. I continued with movies, playstation games, books and magazines and learned it all by myself. Then I started practicing it wherever I could. Be it the internet or tourists. Today is speak it fluently just as my other 2 languages.
    I have some friends in England and I travel often in Britain. Many times I was mistaken to be and English guy. When I say that I have nothing to do with Brits I get the reply ''But your English sounds so good. I could swear you have been born here.''

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 12

• I'm English, so I was born into it and learned it when I was young. I've studied it for about 14 years, so I'd hope I was fluent :)

0|1
    0|0
  • I learned it at school since my family speak Spanish fluently.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think my English is decent but I still make some mistakes here and there!! And I learned the language at school.. starting from elementary school 🐸

0|1
    0|0
  • I learned it from school and my parents, 3 or 4 years old (mandatory to teach English at nursery) Yes, I could.

0|1
    0|0
  • Mine is really good... Because I am English ;)

0|1
    0|0
  • it's honestly the easiest language to learn according to most people in japan , my parents are from Australia and i was born in Australia so the only language i know is japan and Australian

0|1
    0|0
  • I've been speaking it fluently since I was born because my mum didn't understand Danish, and I also learn it in school

0|1
    0|0
  • English is not my mothertongue. But I learned it thanks to Cartoon network ;)

1|1
    0|0
  • Internet. TV shows. Movies. School.
    Yes, I can speak it more or less fluently.

0|0
    0|0
  • I learned it in kindergarten but, have become fluent for the most part. My first tongue was Spanish.

0|1
    0|0
  • Learn by taking more MOOC courses. There is plenty of videos and readings and stuff and you can find free ones like coursera and futurelearn and edx

0|0
    0|0
  • If you want we can chatting

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• I've learned it for 4 years in school but I also play my games and watch animes (subbed) mostly in English so I think that helped quite a lot too.

it's okay, I understand almost everything but speaking it is a little bit more difficult and I make regularly mistakes... but it's good enough to speak with other people and that's the most important thing

0|1
    0|0
  • In school started, was not confident, until I learned from video games!, movies! Music videos and TV shows, still I do a lot of grammatical mistakes.

0|1
    0|0
  • i probably became fluent when i was about 2 or 3 i guess.

0|1
    0|0
  • Right from when I was born, being an Australian and all.

0|1
    0|0
  • English is my mother tongue. so i guess i speak it very fluently

0|1
    0|0
  • Learned the basics in school, advanced vocabulary and feeling came with the internet.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I can, cos i wos born in the UK and lived dere most of my lyfe...[sic]

0|1
    0|0
  • I was around 16, my family moved to a (mostly) English speaking country.

0|1
    0|0
  • I learned to speak it from Master Yoshi.

0|0
    0|0
  • what' s prob... speak then

0|0
    0|0
  • By going to school. I learned English at age 12 or so.

0|1
    0|0