Religious people: Why are you religious?

What is your religion? Why do you believe in it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'll quote Ziggy Marley... Love is my religion :-)

I have my own ideas as far as spirituality and I'm not a fan of blindly following anyone else's ideas or beliefs just because, but I think people tend to stick to family traditions and beliefs / values that were instilled in them while they grew up, and/or they get some sort of value from the religious ceremonies, traditions, or beliefs.

It's a crazy world that we live in, and life is a mysterious thing. Having SOME sort of explanation or belief system provides comfort, peace of mind, security.

I was raised catholic but never quite bought in to the whole thing. I think there are good teachings that it can offer, but I don't believe that those same lessons, ideas, and morals can't be taught or figured out in other religions or even no religion at all. I think most people are aware that some of the sickest, most evil people ever have been devout religious believers, and we all probably know an atheist who would give you the shirt off their back and the last bit of food they had if it came down to it.

Personally my belief system (ever evolving) became clearer and... more sharply defined? more solid? after a few psilocybin (magic mushroom) experiences. Not suggesting anyone just run out and take mushrooms, but if you're a responsible, healthy adult and are interested in that sort of stuff, read as much as you can about it and take it very seriously, because it's not only something for Dead Heads and hippies to party with, they can provide a truly mystical, spiritually revealing experience if you go in with the right intentions.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm agnostic, which means I believe something may or may not exist. I was actually baptized as a Lutheran but we do nothing religious. The last time I went to church was Sunday school when I was 6. I find all religions interesting but I can never see myself sticking to something (I thought about trying Wicca purely because it interests me).

What Guys Said 3

• I am generally "Pagan" as I follow a system of celebration rather than veneration. Like most Pagan people, I adopted the idea of multiple deities, each with their own attributes. They are not to be worshipped, but are simply there to help us in our daily lives.

I love all people, animals and nature. We have but one overriding rule:

"If it harms none, do what you will". The "none" here includes everything from fellow humans, to animals, and to nature and anything man made. It also includes, of course, ones self!

• To enter heaven duh but I try it to be for a higher sake to seek god's satisfaction on me

• Well, why not?

What Girls Said 1

• I am not! !