Why can't I remember anything about my car accident?

can someone explain this to me... I've always wanted to know.

almost five years ago me and my boyfriend were in a serious car accident, we hit a tree. He was killed in the accident. I broke my back and was flown to the hospital. I really wish I knew exactly what happened... To have some kind of closure but I can't remember a thing! Like I can't even remember driving down the road before we got into the accident. I can't remember getting into the accident or being flown. I barely even remember being in the hospital.

Why can't I remember anything?

This is the link... link

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• well lots of things can make you not remember medically.

loss of conciseness , head trauma, shock, medication given at the hospital if you had surgery ther is probably a good 5 days you don't remember much. Because you don't remember be for the crash it may be PTST.when you can't emotional handle something your brain just turns it off. I have PTSD and over 10 years I have remembered a little but sometimes I wish I would never see the flashes from the past. I don't think remembering will give you closer, it may just leave you with more questions.

you should talk to your doctor or even a therapist or close friend.

Im sorry for your loss.

What Guys Said 1

• Specifically, how did you break your back? Do you see a Neurolgist? If so, has the Neurolgist made a diagnosis?

What Girls Said 2

• You might have hit your head, had some nervous system malfunction, or you could have blocked it from your mind. When we (as a human race) are in bad, frightening, hurtful, or heart wrenching situations, we tend to block it out of our minds so we don't go mentally insane or hurt ourselves further.

• Why didn't you ask one of your doctors in the hospital about this? :/

You probably hit your head, or something. That often makes people lose their memories. Either that or you've repressed them because they're traumatic.

• Can't you just go back and ask them about it now, or something?

Why did I get three down votes? :(

• I don't know, honestly at that time I didn't want to remember.