What is your favorite quote?

Most Helpful Guy

• "Brave people don’t live forever, but cautious people don’t live at all."

Sir Richard Branson

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 16

• I have a total joke one, and then I have two levels of seriousness.

Very serious:
    "There are three things you just can't do in life. You can't beat the phone company, you can't make a waiter see you until he is ready to see you, and you can't go back home again." - Bill Bryson

Somewhat serious:
    "This is a song about a wrestler whose whole deal is like, people aren’t sure whether he’s actually gonna legit eat your face or not. That kind of wrestler is the ones like: ‘You know, I think that guy’s really out of his mind. I don’t think that guy really cares.’ And these other wrestlers, you can see them, like, takin’ a, taking a bump but they’re not actually getting hit because they’re pretty and they want to protect themselves. But you see the occasional wrestler, no, he doesn’t give a fuck. He’s here to get hurt because he intends to die young. That’s in his plan, right, is that at some point he will die and he won’t be very old and that will be the end of all that and he won’t care anymore, so why not just go ahead and take a couple of real bumps right now? It’s called 'Werewolf Gimmick'." - John Darnielle

Joke:
    "It's a song you may find yourself singing if all hope is gone. And you're like, 'Oh, man, this sucks that all hope is gone. I liked it better when there was hope. Guess it's too late to really be worrying about that now, though, and that's what the whole meaning of the word gone is, isn't it.' And maybe you look it up in a dictionary, but there's just a picture of your motel under that. And you think, 'That's really fucked up.' It's like a movie, and you start looking around for cameras — there's no cameras." -John Darnielle

• Can I have two?

Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein.

• Hanlon's razor is a philosophical razor that says, "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

• I've posted this before but,

Confidence isn't "I know she likes me", confidence is "I'll be okay whether she likes me or not."

• All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity... But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.

• Mind beyond matter.

• "In the beginning, God created the universe. This made a lot of people very upset and was widely reguarded as a "bad move"".

Douglass Adams, Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy.

BONUS!
    "Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so".
    Also Douglass Adams, HHGTTG

• Live with a man 40 years. Share his house, his meals. Speak on every subject. Then tie him up, and hold him over the volcano's edge. And on that day, you will finally meet the man.

• @pervertedjester whoooa! just WOW!

• Wow! This one is amazing, great find. It's so true, a person's truest colors are shown when he faces serious adversity. I also think this applies to realizing the true nature of a relationship.

• Besides the one on my profile, the one that Samuel L. Jackson recites from Ezekiel in the Bible in Pulp Fiction

• This worl is a will to power and nothing besides
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

• well, it is hard to choose. but i love this one the most:

What we see depends on what we look for

• The brave ask once. Only the foolish ask twice.

• Wise men say, only fools rush in..

• "So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past"- F Scott Fitzgerald

• Here's three: It's only temporary, unless it works.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

When you lose control of yourself, others will be happy to take it.

• "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity." -Albert Einstein

What Girls Said 11

• I love quotes... my favorite changes with my mood and experiences, but currently what's most relevant to me is this quote (sounds like a poem though lol)
    “She had blue skin,
    And so did he.
    He kept it hid
    And so did she.
    They searched for blue
    Their whole life through,
    Then passed right by-
    And never knew.”
    ― Shel Silverstein, Every Thing on It

• "You were art long before they came, you'll continue to be art long after they're gone. A masterpiece is still a masterpiece when the lights are off and the room is empty."

"Keep your head up princess, if not, the crown falls."

"So you look to me to find the truth, and what I say is what you do, but everyone you look up to, is really as fucked up as you."

"Everybody pays, no one knows the price.
    We know the price of sin, the sin of sacrifice.
    I know i'll sin again, but who can save me twice?"

"You're not a bad person for the ways you try to kill your sadness."

"The innocent may cry without the guilty getting hurt."

"Your eyes were big and beautiful and brown. And I was ready and I was willing to drown."

"Confidence is silent. Insecurities are loud."

"Some people feel the rain, others just get wet."

"Let the rain wash away all your pain of yesterday."

"Maybe one day I'll find the place my dreams and reality collide."

"Sometimes all I can do is lie in bed and hope to fall asleep before I fall apart."

"The ones who are crazy enough to believe they can change the world are usually the ones who do."

"Tomorrow could be the someday you've been waiting for."

"I think a bullet might hurt less than this loneliness."

"May the bridges I burn light my way to happiness."

"You can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one."

"Don't complain about things you're not willing to change."

"My heart looks like an unmade bed. It may look messy but I swear, it's a safe place to rest."

"Have a mind that is open to everything and attached to nothing."

"The world is burning and we are the flames."

"When life gives you lemonade, make lemons and life will be like 'whaaaaaat?'"

"It's sad isn't it? That someone could hurt you so much you could write about it."

"There comes a day when you realize turning the page is the best feeling in the world- because you realize there is so much more to the book than the page you were stuck on."

"His soul was dark as night, but without darkness no stars could shine, and without a doubt his stars are my favorite sight to see."

(Most were from memory, some I had to double check to make sure I wrote them correctly.)
    Sorry I have a lot!

• hmmm..."Like I care" ! hahhaha

• "Everyone who doubted me is asking for forgiveness. If you ain't been a part of it, at least you got to witness." ~Drake

• ''What I wouldn't give to be normal. To live in that bubble. Reality of the naive''
    - Mr. Robot

• It is never easy but always worth it.

• Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

• "Just because you are a piece of garbage doesn't mean you can't do great things. It's called a garbage CAN not a garbage CAN NOT."

• Don't worry be happy

• Excuses are nothing but lies.

• Be the change you want to see in this world.