Do you find these costumes offensive?

sexy ebola nurse (yes this is real)

do you find these costumes offensive?
Anna rexia

Most Helpful Guy

• Not at all, kinda funny to be honest xD Halloween is supposed to be scary, and Ebola is pretty damn scary xD

Most Helpful Girl

• Distasteful. The "anna rexia" one is pretty offensive though since it's making fun of/trivializing a mental disorder. In the US alone, about 30 million people suffer from some kind of eating disorder, and eating disorders have the highest mortality rate of all mental disorders. It's a pretty shitty thing to make a costume of.

• And it's not about being "too sensitive" as some ignorant people say. It's about respecting people who are actually going through HELL because they're sick. It ruins lives, a lot of families and friends are suffering too. To make a joke out of it is disgusting.

What Guys Said 13

• No, maybe they are distasteful but not offensive. People seriously need to stop getting offended about everything.

• No, not really.

• I am pretty sure you could not find a costume I would find "offensive." Well, I guess if you dressed up as someone who went around finding everything offensive...

No, wait, I'd laugh extra hard at that, and indeed that is something really deserving of mockery.

Yes, I can see myself dressed as an Irate SJW offended by costumes. Now, that would be funny...

• Hilarious
    Cheesy
    I approve.

• yes, I find the sexy nurse in any capacity offensive. As far as the anorexic one yes I know a couple people like that

• Well I don't find them offensive but I can only speak for myself.

• No, I don't find them offensive... however other people who may have gone through those conditions, or known someone who went through something similar may think otherwise...

• Hahaha! That's funny.

• First one is like wtf, second is sexy, I like it

• no, just don't take it too seriously...

• Anna Rexia lol XD. Puns for days lel.

• No, but it depends on who you're asking

• Yeah, I do

What Girls Said 10

• Yes, because not only are they being sexualize, they're promoting costumes that have to do with serious sickness' it's not even funny. ALSO they're just weird

• i was thinking the same thing. Because people are dying from those everyday and there is a ton of fun costumes to wear i dont know why people would choose those. and its the same thing with the sexy straight jacket. mental illness is not sexy and should not be mocked

• Unless you happen to believe that everything is funny, and nothing should be beyond mockery.

• No not really... If you didn't put the name I wouldn't know what they are exactly.

The only costumes I think are racist are ones like the KKK or things along those lines.

• I am not offended!

• So what lol

• No, I don't. I choose not to be offended by things that aren't personal attacks on me, and even then, I usually choose to ignore it. These costumes may be worn in poor taste, and they're pretty inappropriate, but people need to stop taking personal offence at everything they see or hear.

• People are so over sensitive these days. No I don't find these offensive. Darkly humorous or distasteful maybe, but not offensive.

• Not particularly offensive. they're more like starving for attention type of costumes more than anything else.. but Halloween is full of those by the bunch! so they're like meh~ same like all others.

• "they're more like starving for attention type of costumes more than anything else" thank you for putting that into words i was thinking the same thing but could not describe it.

• No, I do not find Halloween costumes offensive.

• They're both extremely insensitive.

• The second one is offensive... if someone with anorexia saw that, it would make them feel humiliated. I am not personally offended by it, but I don't think eating disorders are something to make fun of like that. There's no reason to wear a costume that might hurt someone.

• i feel the same way. i dont have an eating disorder but if i went to a Halloween party and someone was wearing that i would feel awkward because that's not classy. you could wear a skeleton dress and it would be basically the same thing and nobody is offended. And its the same thing with the sexy straight jacket because mental illness should never be mocked.

• Exactly... it's not even about class so much as being a decent human being. Making a joke out of someone else's pain is just sickening.