Are you a perfectionist?

Ever since I started college I've gone from a relaxed type B personality to a self destructive perfectionist. Has anyone else had this transformation?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/06/why-perfectionism-is-ruin_n_4212069.html
here is an article if you'd like to read it

• I am a perfectionist.
    55% (6)43% (3)50% (9)Vote
  • I am more relaxed.
    45% (5)57% (4)50% (9)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
8|4

Most Helpful Guy

• I try to do things as perfectly as I can, I know 100% perfection is not possible though.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My mother is a perfectionist and raised me to think mistakes aren't acceptable. But once I learned how unhealthy this mindset is I have been more relaxed. It still bothers me if things are asymmetrical but if I catch myself getting caught up in it I try to let it go.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• What happened to you?

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm getting a lot better grades and I've become a way more successful person, but I'm hurting much more than before. If I disappoint myself I become self destructive and harm myself out of anxiety and sadness. I can't get sleep anymore because I feel as though i'm wasting time, but then I procrastinate during the day. It's difficult because while my body and mind is hurting, the feeling of being successful is what I thrive off of, so it's hard for me to put my health first.

• Sp better grades... you went from () TO () ?

• I used to be a perfectionist but it just made me feel miserable so I stopped doing that

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't seem to work with others do to this issue. It drive me crazy.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• I am more relaxed. And that gets me in trouble! hahah

0|0
    0|0
  • Perfectionism is a way to drive yourself mad and exacerbate your own OCD. I was raised in such a critical manner that I must be kind to myself when overwhelmed by tasks.

0|0
    0|0
  • i used to be super strict on this whole perfectionist thingy cause of my parents.
    now that i live alone, i've become more chill

0|0
    0|0
  • I am a perfectionist but I know failure is inevitable.

0|0
    0|0
  • A real perfectionist at art

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah and it costs me too much.

0|0
    0|0
  • I always just thought that I was OCD, but then when I went to a physiatrist to get diagnosed she told me I was actually a perfectionist.

0|0
    0|0