Are you a perfectionist?

Ever since I started college I've gone from a relaxed type B personality to a self destructive perfectionist. Has anyone else had this transformation?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/06/why-perfectionism-is-ruin_n_4212069.html
here is an article if you'd like to read it

• I am a perfectionist.
  • I am more relaxed.

Most Helpful Guy

• I try to do things as perfectly as I can, I know 100% perfection is not possible though.

Most Helpful Girl

• My mother is a perfectionist and raised me to think mistakes aren't acceptable. But once I learned how unhealthy this mindset is I have been more relaxed. It still bothers me if things are asymmetrical but if I catch myself getting caught up in it I try to let it go.

What Guys Said 3

• What happened to you?

• I'm getting a lot better grades and I've become a way more successful person, but I'm hurting much more than before. If I disappoint myself I become self destructive and harm myself out of anxiety and sadness. I can't get sleep anymore because I feel as though i'm wasting time, but then I procrastinate during the day. It's difficult because while my body and mind is hurting, the feeling of being successful is what I thrive off of, so it's hard for me to put my health first.

• Sp better grades... you went from () TO () ?

• I used to be a perfectionist but it just made me feel miserable so I stopped doing that

• I can't seem to work with others do to this issue. It drive me crazy.

What Girls Said 7

• I am more relaxed. And that gets me in trouble! hahah

• Perfectionism is a way to drive yourself mad and exacerbate your own OCD. I was raised in such a critical manner that I must be kind to myself when overwhelmed by tasks.

• i used to be super strict on this whole perfectionist thingy cause of my parents.
    now that i live alone, i've become more chill

• I am a perfectionist but I know failure is inevitable.

• A real perfectionist at art

• Yeah and it costs me too much.

• I always just thought that I was OCD, but then when I went to a physiatrist to get diagnosed she told me I was actually a perfectionist.