Do you think there is ever an excuse to kill someone (like for self defense)?

The recent episode of the Walking Dead got me thinking. Discounting having to defend yourself, do you think there could ever be an excuse to take the life of an human or animal?

Most Helpful Girl

• First let me say WALKING DEAD IS MY SHOWWWW!!!
    Anyways- there is in self defense, yes in my opinion where you could kill someone, you're defending yourself.

Most Helpful Guy

• If someone abused or tortured my kids, I'd kill them.

I don't know if it's excuseable or not, but they're getting dismembered.

What Girls Said 5

• Yes if they try to hurt me and theey won't stop. Like a chucky movie... he wouldn't stop.

• If you are being attacked viciously, sure.

• Absolutely yes.

• The only time you should kill if if there is no escape.

Killing should not be the first thing in mind but defending yourself.

• Yes, if it's the only way to protect yourself or someone else

What Guys Said 7

• Without a doubt, yes there are numerous reasons to take a life. But, with that, the biggest and most important part of it is to be able to justify to yourself the reason for your actions and the reason/s why you took that life, because you if cannot do that, your self conscious will kill you.

• Yep lots of them ie child molesters ( shoot on site) rapists the same, identity thrive firing squad in town square and on the net.

• To take the life of an animal if you need to. For example for food or it's fur to keep warmth. Well these don't apply to us in this century. The only reason I could find to kill an animal is hunting (which I am against of) or self defense. As for humans only self defense like when your life is truly in danger.

• To defend yourself or to ensure your continued survival.

• Yeah if someone is trying to take my life away from me
    I have every right to take theirs

• Animal: for food, Person: to prevent their suffering or if that person was going to kill and/or make people suffer terribly

• Of course, if you don't have a right to defend yourself (and others) what right do you have? How could you have anything without that right?