Native English speakers how do you distinguish between words or pronounce?

I'm learning English and struggling with few words that i cannot pronounce properly :(

can you tell difference between

bitch and beach
annals and anals

etc

like words that sound similar to bad words :/

do you distinguish them based on the contex of the sentence or do they actually sound different?

Most Helpful Girl

• Bitch is pronounced with a short 'i', whereas beach is pronounced with a long 'i'.
    Annals and anals are also pronounced differently, but I'm not able to write the phonetic alphabet here and I don't know how to explain it any other way. I highly advise you to check on reliable dictionaries the correct pronunciation of any words you have trouble with.

• Hey, glad to be of help; if you ever need to know anything about this, feel free to ask.

What Guys Said 1

• Some words sound the same like to, two, and too. But no, most of them do sound slightly different.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't know.

• in bitch i hear for the (t) in the word
    its really all about looking for those small letters that make a difference in a word!
    good luck
    ☺️

• They sound different. Bitch sounds like Witch, where as beach sounds likes peach

• The words you wrote sound very different from each other. If you're speaking to someone who has a thick accent, they will most likely pronounce those words very similarly. But that's not how they're actually pronounced.