Can you admit to others when you are not alright or do you just put on a 'happy face'?

The more you live life, the more you realise a real strength is to be able to admit to yourself, as well as others when you are not alright

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 14

• I have a habit of Holding things in, @gobsmacked3 and if I can put on a 'Happy face' then I would rather do it then to burden others with a Long face or a Long story I may have in my own life.
    I sometimes have had to go through the motionsand emotions but even when there were times where I really didn't care who saw it, I would just let them imagine what they wanted.
    However, as being as wise as I am, and as as helpful as I have been on Gag here, dear, it is a good feeling to have others come to me even through a message with a problem or to answer them and Others with my Best possible advice to make their day a better one and to perhaps put a smile on their own face.
    Good luck. xx

• that depends on the circumstances. I will only open up to people I trust, or I can at least be (mostly) sure that they will not take advantage of this information. If the issue is with someone in particular, I would adress it with them in private.
    I'm not into drama or airing dirty laundry in public. I also dislike whining and whiny people.
    but to put up a fake happy face is almost impossible for me. You can always tell that there is something up. In a difficult moment the last thing I think about is what others might think if I'm sporting a bitch face. The ones who care will know, the others don't matter anyway.

• it depends on who its with. there are very few people in my life who i am comfortable with talking aobut how im really feeling. for the most part, i'll just wear a happy face. but if its someone that actually cares, and im comfortable with being honest, then i'll admit that im not ok.

• I guess life can be tough in knowing who you can fully trust or express to for it leaves you vulnerable and no one feels ease in this state

• In a perfect world I would show my feelings
    People tend to be weird about it like they will tell me to smile (I'm mourning the death of a loved one but they don't know that) OR I smile and they accuse me of being up to no good or dislike me for being so "happy" or call me a phoney. I have discovered that too many people ignorantly feel the need to tell me to be in a different mood for no apparent reason. So these people I consider less intuitive with less social sense and I either avoid them or tell them off
    And feel entitled to my feelings♡

• I alway admit it!

• If it's like a mood... like being sad, I put on a happy face. But if I'm in physical pain then I tell people what's up.

• Depends on how close I am to people. I never lie to my family and those I consider family but if you're just someone I talk to every Tuesday because we share a class, I may not be as totally straight with you if it's something big and personal bothering me.

• it depends who i'm with... if its my close friends, i'll let them know... otherwise i'll just not talk

• i put on my happy face to not ply protect me but others. I mean if people just saw one ounce of the pain inside they'd wonder what happened for her to hold it in and think it's their fault. So I've learned no matter how hurt i am put on your brave face and makes sure there's a smile.

• When I'm not happy everyone around me knows of it.

• i'm used to putting on a "happy face". i love writing and it helps me to deal with my emotions. i do have friends, but it's seems as if they don't really care about how i truly feel, that's why i have gotten so used to losing friends, making new ones and that circle never ends for me. i tried to be more open, but people around me are not really great at listening or giving advice. it makes me feel lonely, even though i have so many people around me. it makes me feel empty. it's sad for me to say that i got used to it. i push through my heartache and i'm sure i will have better friends around me in the future.

• At work i put on my mask and try my best to not interfere my work with stress or feelings
    But if i'm with my family or friends i admit that i'm not doing sk great

• Depends who it is. Most of the time I put a smile on my face even if somethings bothering me.

• I'll have to admit that I find it easier to put on a happy face than to explain to someone why I feel bad. I don't want people to worry about me or get professional help or something.

What Guys Said 8

• I have no problem what so ever admitting Im not OK. But Im old and don't have anything to prove

• We are same age and by comparison i have never been able to admit when I was not right. I always soldiered on

i dip my hat to you

• Oh no, I always admit when I'm wrong, even apologize. The hard part is actually getting me to understand that I'm wrong lol. That's in part why I apologize, because it's a process to actually get me to change my mind.

• Depends on what it is. If I have a girlfriend that I truly trust, I will always be open. Otherwise I may or may not bottle it up.

• I don't believe in pushing my problems onto other people.

• i just put on a happy face or sometimes a poker face.

• Sometimes I can and sometimes I can't.

• I put on a happy face because I don't want to burden people with my rather unimportant problems.

• I don't' admit that I am not, but I say I am. but I don't have a happy face