How can you feel good about yourself if people have always put you down?

My whole life people have always put me down or been critical of me. I've always had low self esteem and I also have depression. I've always struggled with my weight, I'm underweight at the moment and my boyfriend has always made comments about it, said I should work out with him and I just feel like I'm not enough for him or anyone. He has been quite critical of me as well, I've got to the point where I feel so down that I don't even want to be around anyone. I just feel so crap about myself and life just doesn't appeal to me. Sometimes I just wish I didn't have to wake up each day. How can I possibly ever feel good about myself if people have always been bringing me down? I feel like it's easier to be alone so I don't have to be put down by other people, or made to feel like I'm not enough.

What Guys Said 1

• Think positives. What is the one thing you love about yourself.

• I don't love anything about myself, I only like that I can make people laugh

• I love the fact that you are funny. Most girls are not.

What Girls Said 0