Depression? what to do?

I'm simply depressed! I just feel blah, numb, like a blank a sky with no colour. I just randomly feel like crying, I'm getting stressed which causes headaches, I'm not motivated to do school work. I have thought of suicide but thats too scary, scarier than life, and I just think how my parents would react and how I wouldn't be able to do the things I like ever again. I will never commit suicide but what do I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yea I feel like puberty sometimes causes this. I had the same thoughts about suicide, not really wanting to do it but curious how everyone would feel and react. Those feelings didn't last long and I haven't felt like that in like 3 years now. Life likely isn't that bad it's just those dang hormones

• yeah I guess. And I have always been interested to see what would happen if I jumped off a bridge since I was five, Time to find some deep water haha lol (don't worry I'll make sure it's a safe place)

• I actually enjoy that part :P

• I'm not as scared of heights as I use to be because when I was seven my brother pushed me off the shed roof haha it was fun, and I landed in long grass, don't worry it was just under two metres tall. lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is your mental health and its important you speak to someone you trust about it. Don't worry about what your parents or anyone else thinks. After all, you live for you, not anyone else. So you might as well do everything you can to enjoy yourself. Don't keep things bottled up or you'll feel more alone - communicate! Speak to people you trust about. See a psychologist. Depression can be caused by events that are emotionally damaging in your life, however it is a state of mind. And I am someone who solely believes that man can be in control of their own thoughts. It is possible to motivate your thoughts out of depression. Psychologists and people you trust can help you with this - but it is essentially a personal thing. How I do it? When I feel like you do, which i have in the past, I tell myself: There is so much opportunities that I haven't fulfilled in the future. So much to experience and to be. A state of mind is absolutely temporary! Think to yourself - do you consider yourself to be the same person as 2 years ago? probably not. 2 years from now you'll be a whole different person. My advice to you is to try to gain control over your thoughts an seek support where you need :)

What Guys Said 3

• Distract your self with music. Honestly I believe its a great way to distract your self from all the ways life can bother you. Whenever you have free time just listen. It helped me.

• I used to feel like that too! Just not suicidal. You need to know what is causing this.

You to have something that will motivate you. You need to set yourself goals!

• I'm not not gonna kill myself by the way i'm not that suicidal, I think about if and when i do the though actually terrifies me. I do have goals, plenty actually, It's just I keep asking myself "why bother?"

• Awesome!

• Well what is causing your depression?

What Girls Said 4

• You are not alone, there a lot of people who sometimes feel like their lives are meaningless and colorless. Sometimes you run out of ideas and all you are left with is a blank canvas. What helps is that if you start thinking of things that make you smile. Then you remember things that make you laugh. Then you remember how happy you are when remembering it. Finally, you remember why living is a gift.

• I don't know your like the 5th person I read here that felt that way. I feel like that as well.

• i read listen to music, i write poetry, i created the false since of confidence and wit that makes people laugh and making people happy simply makes me happy. I talked to the one person whenever i get the chance to but right now I'm at the stage where I'm going to ask to see somebody to talk to. i suggest you do that too. i mean yeah it doesn't always help but it makes things a little better somedays and those are the days you hold onto till you get out of your funk. thats what I'm doing. if ya need somebody to talk to shoot me a message. all about helping people.

• I'm so sorry for you. If you need advice or just talk I can lend you my ear :-)

• do you know a way to just forget about it, something to distract me?

• I'm writing one write now and I'm putting my art skill to good use to

• That's great, it might be helpful as you keep doing it. Is there anyone else you can talk to, I know some home schooled is done in groups, so there might be someone in your group or in your social circle otherwise can be open to listen to you. Also, speaking to people who have no chance of meeting you or people you know, can be easier to be completely honest with, which often leads to freedom of mind as well.