Americans : Can you get enough food for 1 day in 2$ ? How much you have to spend to satisfy your hunger of 1 day?

Sorry , I am not from USA. If 2$ is converted to money unit of our country then we can get enough food for 1 day.

Most Helpful Guy

• $2 is very little here when buying food but price depends. Getting food at a restaurant costs about there times as much as it would cost homemade. At certain stores if the food is bought in a larger quantity, it is often cheaper. It's possible to eat for around $2 per day if the ingredients are bought in bulk and are cheap items like beans, rice, vegetable oil, peanuts, bread, oats and flour. I personally probably spend around $10 to maybe $15 per day. I tend to buy in bulk but I also tend to buy a lot fruits, vegetables and healthy food which usually is more expensive.

• Thanks for mh : ) I'm actually probably going to make a chicken noodle soup today and the ingredients for it are pretty cheap. It's mostly carrots, celery, onion, garlic, egg noodles and a whole chicken. The ingredients can probably be bought for like $10 and will make like 5-7 meals I bet 😃

• good :)

What Girls Said 9

• really? I can buy a hotdog with 2 dollars.

• How much you spend per day for food stuff?

• Oops, here taxes and tips are included in all consumer prices.
      They only show up if you get a full bill.

• I can buy... part of a gallon of gas, or a tiny portion of electricity, or a fry from McDonalds.

Not all of them.

If I had to survive on $2 a day... I would die.

It's not enough to cover necessary things like food.

• I dont think i could even do that here in indonesia. I meant food here are like incredibly cheap but say if im out (i have a cook at home so i dont need to buy food) i usually spend at least $20 on just food. That doesn't include coffees tho.

• Yeah, there's a ton of things you could buy for 2$. Pasta, potatoes, salad stuff, rice.
    However, realistically I'd say it's not practical. You'd be limited to a small amount of very simple foods.

• cooked rice?

• OMG 400-2000 :D :D :D I am asking about food stuff , meatballs.
      I can buy mobiles , bike , laptop in 2000$ :D

• Meat balls are maybe around 4-5 dollars. Steak is more usually the price is by weight as with any meat. If you want a good steak you're looking at 10-30 dollars.

• Not possible in the U. S. though for $3 - $4 dollars it might be enough if you eat cheaply by eating very small amounts of meat, lots of rice or noodles and cheap vegetables like lettuce or egg plant.

• That's not enough here, but I'm from Canada no the USA

• You might be able to if you bought off a fast food dollar menu, but otherwise, no. You can't even buy more than a snack from a vending machine with that much.

• Only if you want to live on ramen noodles and rice.

• it depends on how you eat I can survie for one day on $2

What Guys Said 8

• Can you get enough to satisfy your hunger for a single day? Yes, if you're going back to a regular diet after that day. Can you get enough to live on long term? If you're looking at minimum daily calorie count, a woman might be able to barely get by on canned vegetables if she really hunts for bargains, but a man could not.

• You can get ONE bag of chips for $2 here in Canada.

• 0|2
    • How much you have to spend to satisfy your hunger of 1 day?

• I have to sped about 6-15 depending on my meal discernment. Mostly around 6 dollars though, could be around 3 dollars if I really push it. But I am not trying to die... yet.

• What we get in 6$ ?
      I am planning to apply in US university. One University which I have planned to study has 3,300$ for dinning of 1 year. Do you think it is expensive?

• When I was at the uni and broke, I'd sometimes eat only the free or cheap ( 10 cts then) potato or french fries extra supplement, provided for those who were more hungry than foreseen by the 'chef'.

• Asker @jacquesvol is right also if you buy potatoes they can be bought in bulk and are really cheap. If you plan on bodybuilding or fitness its going to be more expensive, if not then its going to be straight forward

• if you don't mind eating ramen noodles all day. you also might be able to get 2 things off the dollar menu if you can scrape up a few pennies to pay for tax.

• $2 = 1.8€
    A fresh normal 2lbs sliced bread costs at least 2€ here, some 2.20€.
    I might get a 1lbs industrial bread for 1€, salami or paté for 1€ at the cheaper chain stores.
    French fries from a stall: 3-4 €, maybe more
    (Drinking tap water, of course, no coffee)
    But I could do as if I was a Syrian or Afghan refugee and get some free soup from social services.

• I eat a lot of food man

• Since I don't eat much I can get enough food for me for one day for about 1-2$.