What are your favourite quotes?

Was just wondering what your favourite quotes are :D

Most Helpful Guy

• I like good quotes. There are a lot of good ideas in the world, and some people have summed those ideas up very elegantly. I'll list some of the ones I really like, or that I feel sum things up well:

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
    -Dr. Theodore Geisel (aka Dr. Seuss)

When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than any talent for abstract, positive thinking.
    -Albert Einstein

Early in life I had to choose betwen honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose the former and have seen no reason to change.
    - Frank Lloyd Wright

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are.
    -Anais Nin

No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness.
    -Aristotle

Design in art, is a recognition of the relation between various things, various elements in the creative flux. You can't invent a design. You recognize it, in the fourth dimension. That is, with your blood and your bones, as well as with your eyes.
    -D. H. Lawrence

To see things in the see, that is genius.
    -Lao Tzu

There is a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
    -Oscar Levant

Heretics say, one is less that two. Geth say, two is less than three.
    -Legion (from the Mass Effect video game series)

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper; only those that prosper truly judge what is sane.
    -Warhammer Inquisition (from the Warhammer tabletop game literature)

As you can see, a lot of them have to do with creativity and expression, as those are things of relevance to me in my personal and professional life.
    Fun question. I'll be interested in seeing others responses to this.

Most Helpful Girl

• "I am Jack's raging bile duct. Put a gun to my head and paint the walls with my brains." - Fight Club

What Guys Said 3

What Girls Said 2

• My heart is too good to hold a grudge but my mind is too strong to let anyone mistreat me more then once.

• "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for" - William G. T Shedd