Do you like planning vacations?

Even if / when they're small ones? I'm in-process of planning one, and I realized it's kind of equally relaxing to me to plan a vacation as it is to actually BE on that said vacation.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes! It's very exciting to plan where you're going to go and stuff, it's part of the vacation itself!!
    I love that part as well :)

What Guys Said 23

• I tend to do what I have to do to plan for it and then I try to forget about it because I have the child waiting for Christmas syndrome - The more I look forward to it, the further it seems away - I like it to sneak up on me - All of a sudden people are arranging lifts to the airports then I allow myself to get excited.

• It's just like exercising... the goal where you want your body to be can be daunting but if you come up with a plan... and little by little you chip away at it.. it becomes less stressful.

• You are so right! My family have not had a proper holiday this year, so mum and I are planning a 4 day break at a cottage with a hot tub. First week in December. Been to this place 3 years ago, so we know it's good. Planning to visit 3 other local towns while we're away.

Love your username!!

• I think that is good to plan where you going. Tried not to plan the little details of what you doing. You will make much more memories when its at ramdom the things you do on your vacation.

• Yes, I do.

• Yeah but my life isn't normal at all but I'm immigrating to another country
    It's not that I don't wanna go on vacations it's just I don't have anyone to go with 😶
    It kinda hurts when I see families and couples and friends going on vacations cause ok leave it I'm just an ass
    wbu?

• ? I just go by myself lmao

• Hahah yeah
      My life sucks
      But it's better to have a partner right?
      You don't like going on vacations with your bf?

• Yes world wide traveler here

• My thinking is you only plan a vacation to remind yourself of how nice it is to be home. But I'd rather have it mostly planned out by either a tour group or a cruise ship where at least I have the option of not participating if I don't want to.

• No, I personally plan a vacation because I know in 3 months when its freezing here and work is getting on my nerves, it's going to be nice to be somewhere warm by myself with no obligations.

• I went on one impromptu vacation and one planned. Plans fell apart and there was too much to see on the impromptu one which was stressful. Other than that my trips across the world we laid out by the military which was very rule heavy.

• Definitely, yes - it's interesting deciding where to go back to, and / or looking at, and researching, new places to go.

• Never been a vacation not once, I'd imagine it would be a love-hate kind of thing.

• The airport part is about the only part I hate lol

• No the plane we were trying to get OFF lol

• Oo gotcha.

• No.

I have not been on a vacation because it's too expensive and I can't take time off work.

If I were to go on a vacation, I'd do what I like to do on the 3-day weekend I have every week:
    Go somewhere within driving distance and make plans as I go

• Yeah, sometimes it can take some fun, or risk out of the vacation, like planning what/how much to eat eachday, like on this long ass hiking trail some people freeze dry their food and send it to themselves, fuck dat

• Plan? Pl-an? What's a plan? :P

• Yes I will plan every detail.

• Eh... not really.

• I rather go on one

• I absolutely LOVE trips! Traveling is fun and its the best feeling if you get the opportunity ti travel with the love of your life. I did. I will NEVER forget it either!

• No, I've never planned or had an official vacation.

• Kinda, but in the end I just go with the flow.

• Hate holidays. Same old crap wherever you go

• I'm planning a trip to Detroit now in February for a concert I'm going to.

• I like to plan them, but definitely not as much as bring on the trip itself

• Hateeee iiiiit

I love just looking at general stuff, but booking shit, getting into the nitty gritty details, that blows... Always something wrong with my connection, makes it horrendous...

What Girls Said 7

• Planning them: yes.

Getting there and having to drive: not so much because I swear every trip I take with my boyfriend and sister we end up getting lost or turned around from my phone's gps and I get frustrated and rage at my phone until we get there.

• Ohhh, I never drive anywhere for vacations I just fly lol.

• I'm a college student so I'm on a budget. So no plane tickets for me lol I usually just find somewhere nearby, like 1-4 hours away and go there. And since I'm the one with the car I drive -_- lol

• No, no I do not.

I like picking where we go but I don't like figuring out the details.

• No I never go on vacation.

• Oh my God yes. So relaxing, and you cannot contain the excitement in your heart xD

• Yes! I love planning/organizing events in general! (:

• Yes i do like planning vacations. Im actually planning a small vacation right now!

• Ooh fun, where to?

• Should be fun :)

• Hopefully. Since it will be the first trip im going to have with this guy im seeing🙈

• I think I like spontaneous planning. lol