How to know if someone is a catfish?

I have been speaking to this girl online I have talked with her everyday for around 3 months and she says she lives in the same city as me but I have never seen her around that's not surprising though because im From Manchester and its pretty big however when I ask to Skype her or meet up with her she always has a excuse and her photos seem "too good to be true" I don't know im just getting a feeling that something isn't quite right with her
Is there any red flags i could look out for? Is there any way I can find out if she is a catfish?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would just tell her that you want to meet her in real life as soon as possible because you guys can't talk online forever despite living in the same city. Also 3 months is a long time. Ask her what's her favourite coffee shop and when she's free. If she keeps making excuses then she's definitely a catfish!

Most Helpful Guy

• Shouldn't you have tried to meet her by now?

What Girls Said 5

• Ask her to send you a goofy picture and see if she'll send one.

• Google image reverse her photos

• Don't give out personal information, don't give money, etc. If you aren't feeling good about this, if something seems iffy, then keep it basic if you want, or cut off communication.

• If you have a "feeling" something isn't quite right with her then you're most likely right.
    If she keeps coming up with excuses to Skype you or meet up with you then that is a red flag, its hard to know if someone is a catfish though because some people plan it out so well that they leave no tracks behind so good luck! I hope she is who she says she is

• The fact that she has always had excuses to go on Skype or meet up are red flags

What Guys Said 0