Why do poachers have to kill elephants?

Why can't poachers just tranq elephants and cut the tusks off? I mean, don't they grow back? That way the elephant could survive to produce another set of tusks. The poachers would make more money, the elephant would avoid extinction, and wildlife preservation people would be happier.

0|0
6|7

Most Helpful Girl

• Poachers probably get a thrill out of killing animals. Tranqing wouldn't be as "fun."

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No, tusks are teeth, they don't grow back. Tranquilizing them and cutting off their tusks was tried by governments as a preventative measure. Tranquilizer is expensive and difficult to use, poachers just don't care.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Or maybe they should leave elephants alone full stop!!

1|0
    0|0
  • Tusks don't grow back.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they're violent murdering assholes😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

0|0
    0|0
  • Becasuse they are meen and dont care about elephants :(

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they are poachers, theyre not exactly intelligent...

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• isn't it because the elephant won't be able to survive without its tusks in the wild, so they kill them anyways.

0|0
    0|0
    • But I've seen plenty of adult elephants with no tusks. Also, even if the elephant might not really be able to survive, I can still see it breeding.

• Those drugs are expensive, and poachers just care about money. Bullets are cheaper so that's what they use.

0|0
    0|0
  • HOW ABOUT JUST NO TUSK CUTTING AT ALL?

1|0
    0|0
  • It's really tricky to tranq and animal as big as an elephant. Most poachers would rather just kill it and then easily take its tusks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tusks don't grow back and that takes too long.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do we kill any animal?

0|0
    0|0
    • For food. It's nature. take, for instance, the deer. The American deer's primary perdator, the mountain lion, has become rather rare, so people have taken it upon themselves to keep the deer opulation in check. Otherwise the deer would experience overpopulation.

• Show All
    • I'm just sayin'

• Remember, the ecosystem is a delicate balance.