Is there any collective term for people who reject religions that would include both those that accept and reject a deity or the supernatural?

I believe in the concept of a "creator" of the universe or "god" because when I look at the world and the universe I can't come to terms with this all happening without some kind of design and influence. I know that's the argument that people whol believe in religions claim as evidence for their beliefs but on the same tolken the universe is so fast that I don't see how the creator could have designed the universe with us in mind or "created us in his liking" so I do 100% reject a belief in a personal God and whenever I refer to god, I don't do so as "it" instead of "he" or "she" because I see no reason god would have a gender. So I was just wondering is there any kind of collective term that describes all people who reject religion but includes those who both do and do not believe in a diety or the supernatural?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds close to "agnostic".

• No, "agnostic" is just unsure what they believe but I'm sure what I believe in.

• Ah, I do believe you are correct.

• I hate to be "that guy" but gnostic and agnostic have to do with what a person knows and nothing to do with what the believe. Any person truly honest with themselves is agnostic because nobody truly knows if a god exists or not

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like deism.
    belief in the existence of a supreme being, specifically of a creator who does not intervene in the universe. The term is used chiefly of an intellectual movement of the 17th and 18th centuries that accepted the existence of a creator on the basis of reason but rejected belief in a supernatural deity who interacts with humankind.

What Guys Said 2

• Sounds like Deism. which is essentially the belief that a deity started everything and sat back to watch what happened with his/her creation.

• No, I believe that IT did partake in things that happened after the big bang BUT said "things" happened on a much larger scale than we're familiar with.

• Ah, I would put that into Theism then. a catch all term for anyone with the belief in a god or gods. (monotheism, and polytheism respectively)

• You are a Theist in that case

• If you call me that what would be the collective term for anyone who follows a religion?

• But I do believe that god intervenes in what goes on in the universe, just on a much larger scale than we're familiar with.

• Hmm I don't think so. They are all pretty different from each other. Maybe just say you are non-religious, or simply spiritual?

What Girls Said 0