Do you think that everything happens for reason?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely not, Everything is random, Nothing is fortold.

If it does happen for a reason, It makes you question the motive. Are some kids born with horrific diseases like terminal cancer and only live for a few hours / days / weeks? Why / who / what would have been the purpose for that?
    It makes you question, If there is a god etc. Why would he do things like that? Bring babies into a horrific lifestyle only to kill them? Seems sadistic right?

Or. Does it seem better to think, The kid was just fucking unlucky and got a bad hand in the DNA lottery and unfortunately paid the ultimate price for it?

I know i would rather think the second one. its better to feel you are in control, and shit is either unlucky or lucky, Rather then getting fucked over / rewarded by some magical being.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 14

• I think everything happens for so many reasons that we just can't figure out all of them.

If my granddad had bought two packs of cigarettes on Jan 15,1891 instead of one, he'd not have met my granny who had forgotten to buy Quaker Oats on Jan 12th and thus went to a shop. If that shop had had cigarettes, he wouldn't have asked her were there's another shop and they wouldn't have started talking and so on... without all that I might not be typing this.

• Some things happen for a reason.
    Some things happen because of chance.

More often than not we'd like to think it's the former because we can't deal with uncertainty of probability.

• There is always a reason why anything happens. However, I don't think you need to always analyse the reason.

• Examples:

1. Your car will not start: There is a reason why it will not start and that is something you would analyse to find out the fault.

2. Someone gets grumpy with you: There is a reason why this happened to but you may decide to ignore it unless it happens all the time.

• Yeah don't think about it because if you do you might realize it doesn't really make sense

• In a way I do believe everything happens for a reason. For example all the shit I went through in my life gave me strength to achieve success in my career, friendships, and my family life.

• Yes, but I think they are scientific and mathematical, not some spiritual or religious bullshit.

• That's something generally only religious people believe they think that they have a purpose in life and that god put them on here for some reason. Even if it is just to rape kids through a confession box.

• No. We can choose to learn from our past or we can ignore it. We say everything happens for a reason as a way to soften the blow of an emotional experience. Did it happen for a reason, no. Can I learn from it, yes.

• Yeah I believe so.

• Scientifically, yes.

• That wouldn't be possible.

• Yes. it's always for good you just don't know!

• I think so

• Yeah but I would sure like to know why, or what I did so bad in my last life for all the things that are happening to me right now

• And of causes.

What Girls Said 7

• Do you mean 'everything happens for reason' when things change because something allowed it to. Or do you mean 'everything happens for reason' when something happened in yours or someone else's life that you believe happened to guide you or them to a certain path?

• Everything happens for a reason, but sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and you make bad decisions.

• No i don't think so! Something just happen!

• i do believe so, in general.

• Yes I do. We may not always realize or figure out what the reason is at that very moment, but everything does happen for a reason. There's a reason why you've been led up to this moment.

• Yes... I honestly think so.

• in many occasions yes,

• What about the remaining ocassions?

• the remaining ones are just coincidence or they just happen.