I'm only 17 Turning 18 soon and I would love to have a baby. Is it strange that I think about this so much?

My boyfriend and I have been wanting to have a baby for a long while now. We both know we can't, we don't have money or time. And we are both going through a lot of important times in our lives to do with jobs and study things. But we can't help but think about it.. I've always been extremely mature for my age. At school it was hard for me to have friends because I felt like they were so immature and we didn't have many things in common. My boyfriend wants to get married to me next year, his parents are very old and we both would love it if his parents could spend a lot of time with their grandchild before they pass away. This is not the only reason though! We are both very in love with eachother and have a very strong relationship.
so, thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is a bit early to start thinking about having kids. I say, allow yourselves to get over the "honey moon" stage first, then start thinking about marriage; the baby comes last, but it becomes a priority... that's where financial stability is most important.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah it sounds fun and all, but it isn't. You literally have to drop your entire life and begin making sacrifices the minute a child is in your life. Being "mature" doesn't mean you're ready to be a parent. I was a nanny at eighteen for four children and by the end of the day you are mentally exhausted. You have to keep in mind that having a child at this age also is an awful idea unless you already have a high paying job. Do you know what babies cost? Go to college kid, get a real career, get your own place and then consider having kids.

Unless you are willing to put that child's needs before your own for the next 20+ years, don't have one. Because right now it seems like you aren't thinking about what's best for your potential baby, because I don't suspect either of you has a job above minimum wage if a job at all.

If you really insist on having a kid I would get some things figured out first.

What Guys Said 4

• you technically could have had a baby anywhere up to 9 years ago. your first period is your body telling you that you can have a baby. so no, it's not weird

• Just because you have your period doesn't mean your body can support a pregnancy. Grown women die in pregnancy and delivery. Children with undeveloped bodies fare much worse.

• I think you know you are too young. It's natural to want a baby and to start a family, but you have to think about what's best for the baby. You and your boyfriend are young, where will you live, how will you support the baby? Once that baby is here, your whole life changes and it becomes your one and only focus. Are you willing to throw away what's left of your youth for that responsibility? While it's understandable that you want your boyfriend parents to meet their grandkids, it also sounds like they waited too. It is the biggest commitment you will ever make in your life, and you have to know you're doing it for the right reasons.

• It is a wonderful feeling. When you finish school and get job then get what you want now.

• Nope.. it means you're a caring person :D.

What Girls Said 3

• It's not strange to think about wanting a baby. Many women feel the same way. However, you know it's not the smartest decision for you, your boyfriend, or your child if you were to have one right now. Continue with your studies and become more stable financially first. A baby will come in time!

• Your boyfriends parents are very old! ... Just how old is your boyfriend then?

• He is 19 but his parents had him very late

• Yeah, she had a C-cection because her body was not cooperating with labour. Very lucky.

• Very, very lucky indeed.

Anyway in answer to your question, it is not unusual at all for a young woman like you to start having strong maternal feelings.. Most of us do, me included.

You have though already answered part of your own question by sensibly admitting that you far too young at the moment and not financially secure.

Therefore please be very careful indeed when following your feelings, and above all else when engaging in intercourse.

• I had a baby at 17, was the best thing I ever did.
    And also the worst.
    I love my child more then anything in the world and he is my reason to live, but it wasn't fair on him.
    I have always missed the freedom I had before I had a child.
    I regret not enjoying my youth before I just tossed it away like a dirty rag.
    Do your self any your children a favour... Enjoy your young age while you can, once you are stable and are used to looking after your self on a daily basis in your own home with no one to help you, then you are ready.
    You and your baby deserve to wait a few years!