Your tips for being happy single and realising that you can't rely on someone to determine your happiness?

Long story short - realised I didn't mean shit to a guy I was dating for over a year.

its over, just before my birthday he didn't say it's over he just started ignoring me. I feel horrible and know it's stupid. I want to be happy.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have been single for a long time and I tried to look for a woman to fill the void and when it didn't happen for me, I was forced to search for that happiness. I had no choice, I was getting shot in down in flames by every woman I was asking out, certain women only wanted me for sex and I became unhappier.

It wasn't until I stopped pursuing women and focused on personal goals and challenges that I started to become happier. I started doing the things that I always wanted to do that I never had the chance to do because I was chasing after women to try and find Miss Right to fill the voids in my life. Fast forward a few years and I am happier than ever, I am comfortable, content and I don't need a woman. If I spend the rest of my life as a singleton, I will have no regrets on my death bed, that's for certain.

There's so much more to life than sex, women, relationships, children and marriage, so much more. The world is an oyster waiting to be opened.

• This is really inspiring :) I really hope I get to your stage soon. I really do because I know it's pathetic but I feel I need someone there ya know?

• You're actually amazing. Thank you so much, I truly wish you all the best because your purely deserve it

• Thank you. :)

What Guys Said 2

• For me it was getting back to basics. I thought of a time I was truly happy, being a kid. Then I thought about what were the things that made me happy as a kid. I started doing those things, and I discovered they still made me happy. I also tried different hobbies and discovered I was capable of far more than I ever imagined. Keep yourself busy and try to find joy in something not someone.

• I've always followed the motto...

i922.photobucket.com/.../1249244488284.jpg

What Girls Said 2

• It's really a process... it won't happen overnight. You need time as a single person to realize you're OK as a single person. As you go through experiences alone you start to realize you're surviving just fine without your ex and don't need them. It's really not as scary as time passes.

• i'd say it's just a time during which you should take the time to discover yourself. find new hobbies, travel to new places (doesnt have to be outside of your city), try out new foods, go out more often with friends, make new friends, etc etc. and in no time you'll realize that you're happy by yourself doing the things you like.