How do I feel satisfied with my decision?

I have recently been presented with an issue that posed a moral dilemma. Though part of me wants to take a certain course of action that is against my morals, I also want to stay true to those morals. The thing is, my decision NOT to take the particular course of action leaves me feeling dissatisfied, even though I know it's the "right" thing to do.

What can I do to make myself feel satisfied with my decision?

What Guys Said 1

• If you believe in your morals then you'll know ultimately that turning down temptation is the right thing to do. If you don't (I believe you don't) then you need to abandon those morals and do what you feel is best with you and be prepared to deal with any future consequences of your actions; including regret!

• Just to clarify - when you write "if you don't (I believe you don't)" are you saying I don't believe in my morals? I do... it's just that the other option is rather attractive as well.

• You're contradicting yourself here. If you believed in your morals then the alternative option wouldn't appeal to you whatsoever.

What Girls Said 1

• I think it depends. Will going against your morals hurt anyone? Will standing with them hurt anyone?

What does the dissatisfaction stem from?

• Good questions.

Going against my morals may cause hurt, but standing with them will probably cause more immediate (but lesser) hurt.

The dissatisfaction probably stems from me not getting what I want! lol.

• This would probably be an easier question to answer in less obscure terms :P

• I know - but this moral decision is often accompanied by a lot of judgment, which is something I don't need from people who are anonymous and potentially unaccountable for their comments. (i. e. I feel guilty enough within myself for even considering the situation!)