If an NFL wins every division game but loses all the other games can they still make the playoffs?

im just looking for a little hope for my team.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yup. Division winner gets an automatic seed in the playoffs, but you'll have to host a wildcard round game. Carolina would the NFC South last year with a 7-9 record I think. Hope your team is in the NFC and don't have to come into New England and get demolished by my boys though!😝
    2.bp.blogspot.com/.../...o%2Bmad%2Bright%2Bnow.jpg

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 7

• that would mean the team finishes with a 6-10 record and so far no team has ever won a division or made the playoffs with that record. with the league moving to a 4 team division (they used to be 5 teams mostly) it is possible that it can happen sometime in the future, but i have my doubts that it will be this year. the one slight chance you might have this year involves the afc south (aka the worst division ever in the history of everything) where maybe the colts can do it.

• Its all done by their overall record, 6 from AFC and 6 from NFC. The winner of each division goes through, then the wildcard teams are decided by best record after. So two best records other than division winners in AFC get 2 wildcards, and the same for NFC. So unless their overall recordbis good they cannot make the playoffs.

Who is your team? Mines Raiders.

• No thats a real long shot

• No they can't that's college football

• maybe as a wild card or something

• It would be really tough to do, but probably would be possible.

• If they win the division they are in