Do you take powdered pain meds or pill forms?

Just wondering. I crush mine to powder and swallow it but my friend saw and was weirded out.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not sure, but I believe it is absorbed into the bloodstream far to quickly if powdered. A bit like opening a delayed release capsule. Better not to do it. When near the maximum dose, could lead to an overdose for a short period of time.

Most Helpful Girl

• Pills, but I chew them.

What Guys Said 6

• How about the kind you smoke?

JK. Crushing some pills is bad. The ones that are time released to spread the effect over hours are defeated when you crush them. Best to take them in the form they cojme in, unless the pharmacist tells you it is okay to crush them.

• My mother used to break it into powder for me when I was like 12 but nowadays I just swallow the pill with water. I just don't put it in the back of my mouth or anything.

• I don't really take meds that often at least not in the last few years. Pills and water i guess but I really like the Calpol pills that dissolve, sometimes I have them when I'm not sick!
    they taste too good!

• Wouldn't that be bad for you?

• It was metal. The plastic ones broke too easily. Lol good thing we didn't have a shed. One time I did get in so much trouble I camped out in the creek behind my home for a week. I would sneak in to use the bathroom and get food.

• what? what's a creek? what did you do? didn't they come looking?

• I don't take pain meds. S&M till grave. The pain is my friend. No pain no gain.

• pills
    (filler)

• Maybe I take a que from you girls but I just swallow it down!

What Girls Said 1

• I would do the same because i can't swallow pills.