How to live in the now?

I'm turning 21 next week and I find my self getting increasingly more anxious about the future, for example:

- moving out and having money to do so
- general cost of living
- traveling
-finishing my degree
- finding a guy who will appreciate me and not treat me like shit to marry

a few things have made me stress, recent "breakup", organising my 21st and costs and the fact I'll be unemployed next year due to the business shutting down

Most Helpful Girl

• One thing to remember is take things day by day. Planning extensively can cause more stress if things don't work out, or so I've found. I would focus on your degree first if your family is cool with you staying while you do so and to find a new job that at the same time won't overwhelm you and will work with your school schedule. Since the other ones (minus the guy) are more money based, I would set aside a small account for traveling funds and put a bit in it every so often when you feel secure enough to do so, it'll grow with time and then when you're finally ready to travel you'll have money saved up.

• Thanks for the MHO!

What Guys Said 5

• just relax, you have time, create a plan, find a new place to work, or, travel and work as you travel, if you live in Europe, travel around Europe, explore and work as you travel, its a great way to have fun, and good to keep you going, my mum did this, and she spent a month in france picking strawberries for a farm, went on to italy, did general sweeping jobs, and traveled to a few other countries before returning home, getting a job and settling down, if you live in the states, there's no reason why you can't travel, you could explore the americas, or you could come to Europe, but that might be a bit more costly. whatever you do, just do it, don't hesitate, none of us can give you a definate solution that will fix everything, but we can say what you can do. the best advice i can give you, is find a new job, the first priority for you, thats what you need to do, focus on moving out when necessary, you could use it as a temporary base of operations. if you're going to go travelling, wait until your job is gone, while accumulating money and tehn just travel, just don't worry, i know what i just said is a little hypocritical since i just told you what to do, but just take this advice into account, i wish you all the best for your future, don't worry, just smile

• The totality can be overwhelming, but split things up into different tasks, figure out the first step to achieving each and work on those. Don't think about later steps. It will seem more attainable, and you'll see progress as you cross steps off.

• Look around and try new things

• Put away your phones, take a deep breath and clear your head, then pay attention to whatever is going on around you in that moment.

And know that excessive worrying doesn't help anything.

• Focus on your degree and your job first and foremost, the rest can come later.

Think like this: Degree, Job, Degree, Job, Degree, Job, ... etc.

If your train of thought deviates from this you are making a mistake.

What Girls Said 1

• Meditation. Specifically mindfulness Meditation.