Is it odd that I don't fear my own death?

I don't fear my own death. I mean, I don't want to die, but I don't fear it. This is gonna sound kind of weird, but I daydream all the time about what I would do if a shooter broke into my highschool. Or if an armed assailant broke into my family's house. In general, I have come to the conclusion that I will do anything to keep others safe even at the cost of my own life. Is this odd?

23

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, we all know we're going to die but we actually never think about it. I would say it's weird that you think about what would do if a shooter came to your school or if there was an assault at your house.
    On the other hand, the fact that you would do anything to save other people's lives is good.
    So, it's a "story" with two sides.

What Guys Said 2

• I feel exactly the same. Don't want to die but don't fear it, and I plan to head towards the gun fire.

• I don't either, so I don't think it's odd.

What Girls Said 1

• No its awesome. Xx why fear it? It's something we all have in common :)

• I would argue that not everyone has this trait. Just imagine a shooter firing into your class room saying "which one of you is X?" It's not you, but you stand up and say "I am". Whether you live or die everyone in that room will be in awe because they know they wouldn't have had the courage to do that.